Home » Group Demand Planning, Supply Chain and Logistics Director
- March 14, 2022
Six Figure Salary Plus Package
FWB Park Brown are delighted to be working with a hugely exciting global FMCG business based in Scotland to recruit their Group Demand Planning, Supply Chain and Logistics Director.
This senior leader and member of the SLT will co-ordinate all demand forecasting, customer order management, supply planning, and distribution activities to ensure the on-going product supply to all customers meets promised service criteria with requisite quantities and timings. They will control and manage the product life cycle and related product master data, and will join at a crucial time during a global Supply Chain Systems Project which they will take over the leadership and role out of.
The successful candidate will create a continuous improvement and collaborative mindset to utilise a combination of historical volume reviews and new data to support new product launches, future innovation, sales forecasting, production planning, logistics planning and stock policies. They and their team will be instrumental in making sure all of the right products are in the right place at the right time.
With a proven track record of directly managing and developing supply chain teams, the successful candidate will be experienced in modern supply chain systems and processes, end-to-end stock holding and logistics, forecasting/demand planning and working closely with all key stakeholder contacts both internally and externally with key supply partners. Additionally, they will understand the impact of both effective S&OP planning and NPD launch planning and have a ‘customer first’ focus on delivering first class customer service in the most cost effective way.
This is a very broad-based role offering a great opportunity to join a complex international but ambitiously growing, well-invested business and to step up your supply chain career into a senior leadership, business-shaping position. With a highly personable style you have an enquiring mindset together with the ambition to succeed and naturally demonstrate the gravitas to ‘hold the floor’ up to board level.
- Lead the development and continuous updating of a comprehensive and accurate demand forecast, driving the creation of 3PD forecasts, the consolidation with ODC requirements, and the collection of all relevant information (e.g. innovation, promotions) to understand future demand.
- Co-ordinate the management and prioritisation of customer orders to optimize customer service, whilst ensuring proactive order book management and timely orders from customers to provide stability for manufacturing and packaging operations and supply partners.
- Maintain and manage customer service level agreements (SLAs), ensuring all orders are processed in line with SLAs and any deviations or customer requests/issues are evaluated and responded to.
- Ensure accurate supply and production planning, to enable the timely production of all required products in the most effective and efficient way.
- Lead the planning and scheduling of ex-factory shipments, ensuring delivery of goods in the right quantity, time, and place, in compliance with regulatory requirements, and with an optimum distribution cost.
- Oversee the management of external logistics providers and owned internal fleet, ensuring sufficient driver and fleet capacity, and productive usage of fleet, whilst minimising environmental impact and overall costs.
- Ensure the smooth transition of products through the different product lifecycle stages: launch, optimisation, change-management, run down, end of life.
- Lead the maintenance and continuous updating of product master data in a timely manner and in line with agreed rules, ownership & lifecycle stage, with robust exception reporting in place.
- Support the development needs of the Demand & Supply Management resources within the ODCs.
How to Apply:
For more information, to receive the full candidate pack and discuss the client in more detail, please contact Michael Dickson, Director at FWB Park Brown, via email@example.com with a brief summary of your own background and what you are looking to discuss.
To apply please your CV with current remuneration details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scotland / Flexible