Home » Group Director People and Culture
- July 12, 2022
Come join Alexander Dennis on their mission to save the planet. They are transforming public transport globally by designing, manufacturing, and servicing greener, more eco-friendly, buses and coaches.
Their people are our biggest asset, making them the hugely successful company they are. They are transforming how they work, offering team members more flexibility around how they live and work.
What does that mean for you?
- Generous salary package – they reward their people at the level they deserve
- A half day on a Friday. Yes, every Friday. Giving you more time at the weekend to do the things you love with the people you love
- A 37-hour working week, with flexible working options, giving you that much needed work/life balance
- Annual leave entitlement which increases with tenure
- Pension scheme to help you save for the future
- Access to their Employee Assistance Programme which offers practical, impartial support on issues impacting your life
- Cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, and regular meditation sessions as your health and wellbeing is important to them.
Interested and want to find out more? Check out their YouTube channel here!
Your dream role:
- An exciting opportunity for a Group Director People and Culture to join their successful, international business
- This is a key executive role responsible for the leadership and coordination of the Human Resources (HR) and People Services function
- Providing HR support to the President and Managing Director and the Executive team by rightly shaping the organisation, ensuring that they are best placed to attract, engage, develop, reward and retain top diverse talent
- Reporting directly to the President and EVP People and Culture, this role will develop and lead the People strategy and provision of people services across the organisation in line with ADL and NFI Group strategy and business plans & objectives
- Key responsibilities include shared services portfolio linkage to NFI Group in the areas of HSE, total Compensation and Rewards, HRIS, Labour and Employee Relations, and Learning and Workforce Development
- Supporting the business with specific emphasis on workforce and culture development and sustainment
- You will have the opportunity to innovate and lead complex projects across the organisation such as organisational design, culture development, talent attraction and retention, compensation and benefits alignment and people development
- Driving key environmental, social governance and diversity, inclusion, and equity activity programmes across the organisation
- Work with managers to develop potential solutions to improve build effective employee relations, increase talent, drive high performance, overall improving our bench strength and people capability
- You will support and drive leaders to make Alexander Dennis a great place to work!
What you will bring:
- Ideally 10 years’ experience in a senior level Human Resources position
- Knowledge and experience with organisational development practices
- Proficient knowledge of employment law, its practical application and prevention of litigation risk
- Ability to set high standards and role model behaviour
- Ability to communicate effectively, resolve conflict and relationship build at each level of the organisation
- Ability to influence at each level of the organisation
- High attention to detail, effective planning, and organisational skills
- Proven experience in involvement in setting and delivering HR strategy
- Experience of delivering difficult and/or complex organisational change
- Proven delivery in transactional HR processes and operating within SSC environments (essential)
- Strong commercial awareness
- Proven experience in labour relations, including working and successful negotiation with Trade Unions
- Approachable, with a strong work ethic and a desire to succeed in a fast paced, exciting business!
- CIPD Qualified (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (preferred)
- Qualified coach and mentor (desirable)
Location: This role can be based at any location within the UK with a requirement to travel to other UK sites and internationally as required.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Jaclyn Needham at email@example.com or for an initial confidential discussion please contact her on 0131 539 7087
- Flexible; UK