Home » Group Finance Director
- March 01, 2023
Award winning International breeder, grower and packer of berries, Angus Soft Fruits, was established in 1994 with the ambition to sell fruit directly to retailers and continually improve the product available to consumers. They have continued to grow ever since then, with customer supply, sustainability and being a great place to work all still at the core of their being.
The business has expanded through working with Angus Growers Ltd, a soft fruit producer organisation and through collaboration with over 50 likeminded growers globally for year round supply and it is still today a leading supplier of berries to UK & European retailers.
The berry market itself is worth over £1bn in the UK alone and is the largest category in fruit and veg. Angus Soft Fruits are proud to have around 15% share of the UK market and are continuing to innovate and foster strong relationships to maintain and grow this whilst expanding and diversifying their operations internationally.
With key sites across in Morocco, Chile, the Netherlands and the UK including main sites in Arbroath and Evesham this is an exciting and dynamic international family business to join.
About the opportunity:
The Financial Director (FD) will be a Board member and report to the Managing Director John Gray. They will have overall financial responsibility for the Group and will have a significant Board voice on broader commercial matters. This is therefore every bit as much a business role as a financial one, although there is of course a real need to get the numbers right and give all stakeholders the accurate and timely financial information they expect – especially in a real time 364 day a year operation.
That said, we do not want someone who sees this as merely preparing the monthly accounts and board pack, important and necessary though that is, rather the FD to bring skills and expertise to complement the existing Leadership Team.
In fact, as a senior member of the management team and, as such, a leader within the business, you should:
- Encourage & develop ideas to strengthen the overall business
- Lead, motivate, coach and develop your direct reports and wider team
- Encourage a “one team” approach and be ambitious, positive and encouraging on a daily basis.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To recruit, grow and develop the finance function in accordance with the ASF values, policies and procedures.
- To lead and develop the financial and strategic plan for growth, as well as possible acquisition and JV activity in line with the Board and family Board’s vision and plan for the organisation
- To be accountable for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations and shareholder relations.
- To ensure that the Managing Director & Board are informed in a timely manner of any relevant financial aspects of the business including timely reporting of company actual vs budget and forward forecasting.
- To ensure that financial objectives are well prioritised and that deadlines for completing agreed actions are met.
- To be accountable for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities including the development of financial and operational strategies.
- To report to the Board and Shareholders, assuming a strategic role in the overall management of the group.
- To assist in formulating the Group’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- To develop financial and tax strategies
- To provide strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance and new business opportunities
- To ensure effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP/IFRS and applicable regulatory legislation for financial and tax reporting
- To develop systems to ensure that all business activities (operational and administrative) are performed efficiently and in a cost effective manner.
- To develop systems to ensure that contracts with third parties are suitably reviewed, recorded and that transactions are in accordance with agreed terms.
- To ensure compliance with all statutory regulations.
- To ensure that the group corporate structure is efficient and provides a suitable base for future growth.
- To ensure the funding structure of the group is suitable for all foreseeable short term and medium term needs.
- To ensure suitable systems exist to manage day to day cash requirements across the Group.
- To proactively participate in the individual performance management process, achieving SMART targets and continuous personal developments.
- To develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- To undertake any other duty commensurate with the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented finance leader to join an already successful, growing and highly ambitious family owned business and to make a significant impact to the value creation journey, efficiencies and overall performance of the team, culture and business.
The successful candidate will have international experienced with an FMCG or fast paced high volume manufacturing/production organisation and will be as commercially minded as they are technically financially proficient.
For more information on the requirements/role and to request a full candidate brochure please apply or contact Michael Dickson at FWB Park Brown on firstname.lastname@example.org.