Home » Group Financial Controller
- March 16, 2021
With over 30 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry, Emtelle is a leading global manufacturer of blown fibre and ducted network solutions, serving customers from 4 main hubs in Scotland (x2), Denmark and Germany and have a proven track record, and a reputation for exemplary customer service.
The history of telecommunications and the nature of the company is intrinsically linked. As the business has responded to changes in technology, market demand and customer expectation, their innovation, expansion, and development has in turn helped shape the industry. The business has not only evolved as a direct result of telecommunications, but their innovative and forward-thinking approach to solving problems for customers has positioned Emtelle as a leading-edge proponent of modern telecommunications and a global market leader in multiple sectors.
Emtelle is a truly global company with over 500 employees worldwide. It is this globally local approach to operations that enables them to service their ever-expanding customer base in 67 countries. Their international experience speaks for itself – including water supply in Scandinavia, power supply and ITS for highway and rail in the UK, irrigation in India, and blown fibre solutions in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
The opportunity has arisen for an experienced Group Financial Accountant/Controller to join the business.
The individual will work closely with the CFO and assume responsibility for the following;
- Manage the delivery and consolidation and reporting activity for the 4 sites across Europe in line with UK GAAP and IFRS, ensuring compliance with company accounting policies, both within the business and within the wider finance community
- Supporting the CFO and wider business in the prioritisation and delivery of Finance and Financial systems projects, including Financial data management, archiving and cleansing activities
- As part of a global ERP implementation, manage the relationship between the ERP project team and financial accounting teams
- In line with the overall change happening in the organisation, challenge existing ways of working and to develop a continuous improvement culture
- Deliver appropriate training & knowledge to the business to enable them to perform the duties which they are responsible for.
Please note this role will require some travel to the Head Office in the Scottish Borders.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will hold a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA) and have operated preferably within a relevant group or multi-site production (or engineering related) environment. They will have managed complex reporting requirements and consolidation activity within their business.
They will also possess a strong understanding of finance (ERP) systems and understand complex business processes and data analysis tools. They will bring strong stakeholder engagement skills and be comfortable at building strong relationships at all levels of the business.
For further information on this opportunity please contact Graham Burns at FWB Park Brown on 07738 182813 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hawick / Jedburgh