Home » Group IT Director
- October 14, 2020
With over 30 years experience in the telecommunications industry, Emtelle is a leading global manufacturer of blown fibre and ducted network solutions, serving customers from 4 main hubs in Scotland (x2), Denmark and Germany and have a proven track record, and a reputation for exemplary customer service.
The history of telecommunications and the nature of the company is intrinsically linked. As the business has responded to changes in technology, market demand and customer expectation, their innovation, expansion, and development has in turn helped shape the industry. The business has not only evolved as a direct result of telecommunications, but their innovative and forward-thinking approach to solving problems for customers has positioned Emtelle as a leading-edge proponent of modern telecommunications and a global market leader in multiple sectors.
Emtelle is a truly global company with over 500 employees worldwide. It is this globally local approach to operations that enables them to service their ever-expanding customer base in 67 countries. Their international experience speaks for itself – including water supply in Scandinavia, power supply and ITS for highway and rail in the UK, irrigation in India, and blown fibre solutions in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
This position is a requirement for a highly experienced, focused, and driven Technology leader to assume the newly created position of Group IT Director.
As part of the Executive team, the main purpose of this role is to lead and drive the business’ vision of developing, delivering and deploying group-wide information management and technology applications and solutions which drive business transformation, efficiency and improved services for its customers.
This will require the alignment of a number of critical business systems with this strategy. Working closely alongside the senior management team and key stakeholder’s, this will include defining a strategy and a roadmap to align systems across multiple locations.
Key areas of focus in the medium term will cover the development of capability and resources, the establishment of a Group hardware strategy and an application/systems management strategy that will include the delivery of a new ERP system globally which will integrate seamlessly with associated business systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent technical, project delivery and change management skills, and will be adept at issue resolution for the relevant technologies and leading the running and maintaining Group wide IT solutions infrastructure (both on-premise and cloud based).
The post holder will demonstrate excellent technical skills, project delivery and change management skills, and will be adept at issue resolution for the relevant technologies.
We are looking for a passionate and forward-thinking technology leader to join the business with the ability to win the hearts and minds of people, influencing and inspiring those around them, bringing a mix of rigour and attention to detail and the interpersonal skills to drive improvement on a continual basis.
Whilst not exhaustive, the successful candidate will also possess most of the following;
- Evidence of operating as a hands-on and engaging IT Director with excellent technical capability who can act as a business enabler and agent for change, who will help realise strategic goals and drive the development of core business systems as Emtelle strives to transform to become a data driven organisation
- A high standard of proficiency and experience in Enterprise IT Systems (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS)
- Experience of managing and developing a suite of business applications in an organisation of a similar size
- A track record of success in integrating solutions from multiple vendors so that benefits have been derived from using data as an asset
- Experience of specifying and implementing complex ERP/MRP systems into a multi-site manufacturing environment is essential
- Experience in a related industry would be essential i.e. manufacturing or engineering
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field i.e. IT, Business
- Previous project management experience and an understanding / experience of project management frameworks i.e. PMP, Prince 2
- An understanding of business improvement methodologies such as 6 Sigma
- Strong technical competence with regards to IT Technology and architecture
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow Emtelle colleagues and suppliers
For further details please download the full candidate brochure.
For more information please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential discussion.
- Hawick / Jedburgh