Home » Group Quality Director
- October 19, 2022
Part of global bus and coach manufacturer NFI Group, Alexander Dennis (ADL) is a global market leader in the design and manufacture of double deck buses and is the UK’s largest bus and coach manufacturer.
The business serves global markets including the UK, Ireland, Europe, Asia, South America, Canada and the US. Its history and heritage of design, engineering and manufacturing excellence spans more than a century, and in modernising the business it has become a pioneer in embracing technology, bringing the widest range of low and zero emission buses and coaches to the market.
It is an exciting time in the organisation, with commitment for further growth anchored by the biggest product development investment in its history. Revenues have significantly grown in the last 10 years due to a clear focus on delivering innovative and reliable products with world class customer service and aftermarket support.
This is a period of significant change within ADL, and a new Group Quality Director is sought to lead the development of a Group wide Quality & Reliability strategy, the development of a high performing function and its ongoing evolution.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build world-class systems which will support the ongoing improvement of product and aftermarket services in a progressive business committed to continuous improvement.
The Group Quality Director will define the Quality & Reliability strategy for the business ensure appropriate quality controls are in place to drive product quality and reliability. They will define and drive the business to adhere to the process which delivers a quality vehicle and drive cultural change such that our teams understand the requirements of their role and where they commit themselves to not passing a known issue.
Responsibilities would also include (but not limited to);
- Overall Executive leadership for the function, defining the Quality & Reliability strategy for the Group including ensuring effective Governance frameworks are in place, acting as Chair for Group Quality sub-committees
- Acting as a key part of the ADL Executive team, reporting to the Managing Director & President, highlighting the importance of Quality to the organisation and prioritising as a key organisational value
- Definition and development of compliance and Quality systems which cover all areas of the business including engineering, production, supply chain and aftermarket services, ensuring systems are “Best in Class”
- The delivery of financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, and corrective actions
- Management of product quality processes by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures are in place which have final authority on product release
- Engagement with Audit authorities and ensuring understanding internally of requirements
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in a senior quality & reliability leadership role in which they have led change or supported growth on a large scale within a relevant multi-site manufacturing organisation.
They will have experience of leading and developing high performing teams focused on business partnering and innovation in quality assurance, with significant experience of driving product quality in all areas of a business.
Ideally the candidate will bring experience of operating in a matrix management environment and have extensive experience of affecting organisational change in relation to quality assurance and management.
For full details on the role and further information on the company please download the candidate brochure here.
To apply, please send your CV with full remuneration details to Jamie Brown, Director at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an initial confidential conversation please contact our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.
- Flexible; UK