Home » Group Treasurer
- August 27, 2019
We are looking for an experienced Group Treasurer to oversee the Weir Group’s Treasury function, comprising a team of four full time Treasury Dealers and support from third party specialists as required.
The Group Treasurer (GT) is responsible for corporate liquidity, investments and risk management related to the company’s financial activities. The GT will have an understanding of derivatives, hedging, investments, bank account management and international funds flows.
The ideal candidate will have experience operating in a global treasury function, as well as awareness of best practice approaches to risk management and internal controls.
Apart from their education and experience, they will demonstrate strong ethical standards, as well as high levels of integrity to adhere to regulations and compliance.
This role has in the past been a pathway to senior operational finance roles within the Group.
Including but not limited to:
- Develop and propose Group Treasury policies to meet the changing needs of the Group, ensuring best practice and compliance with the Group’s risk appetite
- Maintain and promote the financial risk management capabilities of the Department in order to manage the risks delegated to it by the Board
- Provide support to Weir businesses on a global basis to understand and support their risk management requirements and ensure compliance with policy
- Ensure that the Group has adequate liquidity provision at all times and has sufficient access to diversified sources of funding
- Oversee the operation of the Group Treasury Department to ensure secure, cost effective and efficient execution of Treasury transactions, compliant with Group policy and external regulation
- Member of the Group Treasury and Finance Risk Committee comprising CEO, CFO, Head of Tax and Group Treasurer
- Maintain and develop comprehensive, accurate and timely reporting of Treasury activity, to demonstrate compliance with Group policy and to provide an understandable and periodic summary of Treasury activity to senior management and the Board
- Provide support to the Chief Financial Officer for acquisitions, particularly in terms of the provision of appropriate and cost effective financing
- Manage and develop Group Treasury personnel to ensure as far as possible smooth succession and create an environment for personal development
- Be involved in the development of the Finance function and undertake business projects outside the Treasury sphere as identified
The Weir Group PLC is a global business headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland, with a reputation for excellence in the design and manufacture of specialist equipment. We provide highly engineered mission-critical solutions for mining, energy and infrastructure customers around the world.
Our engineers work closely with customers to understand their operational challenges and help improve productivity and lower total operating costs. As a trusted market leader we know the importance of customer support in the need-it-now industries we serve. That’s why we have an unrivalled global network of over 100 service centres, ensuring our customers get the solutions they need where and when they need them.
It is this customer-focused approach that has led Weir to become one of the world’s leading engineering businesses with approximately 18,000 people operating in over 70 countries. Weir Group PLC has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since 1947 and currently has a market capitalisation of circa £4.5 billion. The Group reported revenues of £2.5bn for the year ending 31 December 2018, with an operating profit of £348m. The Group is composed of three divisions that each serve aftermarket-intensive markets with positive long-term prospects. Minerals and ESCO are primarily focused on mining and infrastructure markets, while Oil & Gas serves upstream applications.
More Information / How To Apply
Further information is available by requesting the full candidate brochure or arranging an initial confidential conversation with Michael Dickson at FWB Park Brown.
To apply please send your CV and current remuneration details to Michael Dickson at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com, or call Michael to confidentially discuss further on 0131 539 7087.