Home » Group Treasury Manager
- October 09, 2019
For four generations, and over 150 years, the Baxter family have been handing down their expertise to produce some of the UK’s finest soups, preserves, condiments, beetroot and chutney. Founded upon the principle of ‘be different, be better’, the Baxter family business has grown to become one of Scotland’s most iconic brands. Now a global success story, the group has significant operations across the US, Australia and Europe.
Structural changes within Group Finance have created the opportunity to appoint a technically excellent Group Treasury Manager, who will report to the Director of FP&A and Corporate Development, based in Edinburgh. This is a newly created position within the group that will require someone to develop very strong working relationships across Group and Executive Board, Group Finance, Strategic Business Units and external advisors.
The Group Treasury Manager will lead the Treasury function and develop/maintain medium to long term strategic models for the group. These projections will form part of Baxters Food Group’s future funding and strategic decision making. This person will be expected to provide expert input into group cash management, bank funding, Treasury policy, Treasury reporting and the Groups use of complex financial instruments.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the delivery of global liquidity and cash flow forecasting to ensure effective Group cash management
- Monitor Group bank facilities and provision of management information to bank funders and pension trustees
- Strong management of Group hedge accounting, effectiveness and reporting
- Develop Group Treasury policy and systems with on-going improvement, monitoring and control
- Lead on derivative, cash management and other Treasury transactions including forward exchange contracts, currency options and swaps
We are looking to appoint a highly credible Treasury professional with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, high levels of initiative and technical expertise. The successful candidate will be either a qualified accountant or ACT, with approximately 5-10 years of post-qualification experience. We are very open on sector with some preference for a large company background.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.