Home » Head of Reward and Pension
- February 11, 2016
This is an HR Leadership Team role supporting the Human Resource Director and is a great opportunity to build a FTSE 250 ready Reward and Pensions function.
The role is accountable for the strategic direction, design and implementation of the organisation’s reward and pension strategies and programmes. This includes base pay, variable remuneration, executive remuneration, pensions and other benefits.
As a key role on the HR leadership team it will contribute to the delivery of Human Resources’ strategic imperatives, targets and financial plan.
This is a business facing role which will regularly interact with the Leadership Team, the Board and senior leaders.
Key areas of accountability:
- Provide strategic direction on reward and pensions for the organisation and provide insight into emerging external trends and risks
- Design, consult and implement on reward and pension strategies and programs to support the organisation’s strategic and operational priorities
- Develop executive recruitment and remuneration structures including directing the executive remuneration cycle.
- Provide support and technical input on projects that have significant emphasis on reward, such as M&A
- Ensure successful delivery of the annual pay cycle
Reward and Pension Regulation
- Ensure the organisation meets all of its remuneration specific regulatory duties and obligations
- Manage and coordinate remuneration requests and information
- Ensure remuneration plans comply with local legal and regulatory requirements
- Manage the provision of advice and information to support the Remuneration Committee operating schedule working closely with the Human resource Director, Remuneration Committee Chair and independent advisors of the Remuneration Committee
- Manage the activities of the Remuneration Committee in line with regulatory requirements
- Ensure the organisation’s obligations in respect of its UK pension schemes and funds are met / administered in accordance with Trust Deeds, legislation and Trustee requirements with a high level of efficiency, integrity and accountability
- Determining and implementing the organisation’s policy for addressing changes to pensions including changes to UK pension tax regime and introduction of auto-enrolment
- Ensure that all personnel have and maintain the skills, motivation, knowledge and expertise necessary to undertake the roles and responsibilities allocated to them within Reward and Pensions
- Coach direct reports to achieve their respective performance targets
- Ensure that all members of the Reward & Pension function are managed and deployed in accordance with the HR policies of the organisation, and that the organisation’s Corporate Principles and Compliance Standards are observed
- Role model the organisation’s Leadership Standards and Beliefs and Enterprise Behaviours
- Develop and maintain a skilled, motivated core of Reward and Pension professionals