Home » Head of HR Operational Support
- November 17, 2015
Baillie Gifford has developed a global reputation for excellence in Institutional Fund Management. As an independent partnership, they are recognised for their stability and in putting the interests of clients first. This is a visible and senior role within the HR function and will lead and develop the purpose, strategy and delivery for HR advisory activities and employee relations across the business, supporting the development of the firm and the operating model both in the UK and Internationally. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop their career further within the firm.
Key focus areas will include recruitment, anticipating future resource needs of the firm, ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of training and development and that reward and benefits packages are competitive. The role will work with the Head of Human Resources to achieve the 2025 strategy for people management and development, building out capability in people management through the employee lifecycle. It will also be a key participant in the introduction of a new HR Information System in 2016/17.
Responsibilities will therefore be:
- Provide support and advice on people management matters to Senior Managers and Partners and input to the strategic development of the organisation
- Lead the Manager, Adviser and Support team and develop the staff individually and collectively with appropriate structures, processes and practices to ensure department tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively
- Produce and action the annual HR business plan with ownership of relevant content and ensure that there is an end to end approach to delivery
- Ensure that appropriate best practice is implemented and monitored; keeping abreast of industry developments and the impact on the firm
- Provide structure, content, agenda and relevant discussion/decision papers to the Monthly HR Meeting and the quarterly Staff Committee
- Ensure the team has the appropriately skilled resources to deliver the HR operational plan and that recruitment to fill gaps or people management is consistent with a high performing team
- Monitor and control the business affairs and business risks for which the HR Operational Support team is responsible and ensure that all Risk and Compliance requirements placed upon the team are met
- Also monitor and develop external supplier relationships and produce relevant and insightful MI on a regular basis
This is a compelling opportunity for the right person and candidates with relevant experience, drive and ambition will also have the opportunity to develop their career further within the firm.