Home » Head of Business Assurance
- January 12, 2023
The Springfield Group is a growing publicly listed housebuilder, delivering high quality homes across Scotland through six well-established and respected brands including Springfield Properties, Springfield Partnerships, Dawn Homes, Walker Group, Tulloch Homes & Scottish Mactaggart & Mickel Homes.
The Group, now one of the largest housebuilders in Scotland, has grown considerably in recent years with 4 key acquisitions in 5 years, posting revenues more than £250 million and completing more than 1,200 homes in the last financial year.
Starting with the belief that everyone deserves a good home, the Group delivers a wide choice of energy efficient homes across all tenures. The business has received several prestigious industry awards for its commitment to creating sustainable communities and looking after people and the environment.
Due to business growth and recent acquisitions, the requirement for consistent governance and control exists, and a new Head of Business Assurance is now sought.
This is a newly created role within the Group, and will lead the development of a robust assurance, audit and governance framework across the Group and its constituent businesses.
The individual will report directly into the CEO and indirectly to the Audit Committee and will operate independently without favour or influence.
This is a critically important role working with the senior leadership team and will ensure that the business operates in line with internal and external regulatory requirements, legal and financial parameters.
The individual will;
- assume responsibility for developing and enhancing business processes and controls with input from senior management
- play a key part in the roll out of new ERP and associated systems
- monitor, evaluate and ensure accuracy of internal controls, systems and procedures
- present, recommend and coordinate corrective actions to the Board & Audit Committee
- lead the building of an effective Group internal audit program
- interact with external auditors and provide senior management and the Audit Committee with insight and advice on the effectiveness of internal controls within all the operating units of the Group
- assume responsibility for the risk register and its review with the Audit Committee
We are seeking to appoint an experienced business assurance & audit leader who can thrive in a complex and demanding operating environment.
The candidate should have excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and advisory skills, with the ability to operate independently.
We would ideally seek to appoint someone who possesses:
- Experience of operating in a senior Business Assurance or Audit position in a large/complex scale business environment with experience of engaging with Executive-stakeholders
- A relevant business qualification is essential – e.g. Chartered Management Institute, MBA, Accountancy – CA, CIMA, ACCA, Institute of Risk Management
- Experience in a business assurance leadership position, internal audit function or a role involving compliance and/or controls testing
- Whilst not essential it would be advantageous if the individual has experience of participating in systems implementations
- A strong degree of analytical thinking and in approach
- Confident in presenting and engaging at all levels
To read more about the opportunity and organisation download the candidate brochure by clicking here.
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Jamie Brown, Director, FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please contact him at our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.