Home » Head of Business Services
- May 09, 2022
Blackwood is a leading specialist housing and care provider across Scotland. Founded in 1972, the organisation is a charity and a registered housing association and is entirely focused on creating personalised and individual solutions to help people live fully and independently.
Innovation and customer engagement are at the heart of everything Blackwood does. By investing in new technology, high quality services and accessible homes, it helps people live their life to the full. Co-designing with customers, it develops and delivers a truly personalised homes and care service across Scotland.
With over 550 employees, 1500 properties, 3 care homes and delivering over 10,000 care at home hours per week, Blackwood operates in 28 out of 32 local authorities. It provides homes, care and support for adults with disabilities and older people to enable them to live independently. It aims to be a great place to work, offering flexible conditions, a friendly culture, and job satisfaction across the wide range of its services.
Blackwood’s neighbourhood bases in Stirling, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Ayr, Dundee and Edinburgh facilitate a unique and streamlined housing and care service. Combined with its CleverCogs technology, a wide geographic base ensures its teams are in the best position to support people at a personal level and enable them to live their life to the full.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation which has a real and significant impact on the community, with social purpose at the heart of its focus.
Reporting to the Corporate Services Director, Blackwood seeks to appoint an ambitious business services leader, to work closely with the Executive and assume responsibility for Blackwood’s planning, performance and risk management frameworks as well as research, business intelligence and corporate support functions.
The Head of Business Services will ultimately be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient flow of information across the organisation, providing the right information to the right people at the right time.
The role will be responsible for delivering the following:
- Appropriate planning and performance frameworks are in place to adhere to statutory requirements and internal performance targets
- Compliance – the individual will be accountable for ensuring that strong governance and risk management frameworks are in place with appropriate reporting mechanisms to provide Executive Management with informative business intelligence.
- Business Intelligence – the postholder will drive the improvement of business intelligence and information systems (e.g. Power BI), adoption across the business and use within the senior management team to support decision making and reporting.
- Horizon Scanning – supporting internal development and strategy development by ensuring the business identifies emerging relevant information about areas of research, technological advancement, legislative, economic and regulatory policy developments and ensures any changes are taken account of, planned and operationalised within the business.
The postholder will be an inspiring leader with the gravitas to influence and make strong and informed business decisions. They will bring a track record in developing governance and performance frameworks, business intelligence and reporting systems and the ability to develop these in line with organisational strategy.
They will also possess most of the following;
- Experience of operating in a business services leadership position, with an understanding of developing and executing strategy.
- Experience of designing and implementing performance reporting systems that adhere to regulatory requirements and provides information required to support business planning cycles and operational improvement.
- An understanding and awareness of information governance requirements and appropriate compliance processes, with experience of providing support and advice on corporate governance, risk management and business assurance.
- Experience of leading and managing a team and embedding a performance and customer-focused mindset.
- The ability to work collaboratively across a complex organisation with multiple priorities.
- It is essential the individual has a high degree of IT literacy with the ability to understand business systems, their benefits and features.
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) and preferably a qualification in project or programme management
To download the candidate brochure click here.
To apply please contact Jamie Brown at FWB Park Brown by sending a CV/Cover letter or to arrange an initial conversation via;
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd April 2022.
Interviews: 1st stage interviews will likely take place across the weeks commencing with 18th April and the 25th April.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme: Blackwood is committed to diversity and inclusion and as a Disability Confident Employer, will interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the post.
- Edinburgh / Flexible