Home » Head of Change and Projects
- February 16, 2022
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
Our client is not only a market leader but has heaps more ambition and is focussed on delivering the best products and services in the country in their market. As Head of Change and Projects, you’ll be playing your part in realising their ambition by designing and delivering service transformation programmes and supporting the business to land its key change initiatives across customer service, sales, digital and operations.
As Head of Change and Projects, you’ll support the leadership team in their efforts to build out the (5 year) transformation strategy for Service and the long-range plan which supports investment and delivery. You’ll be influential in setting the tone for the future of Service as well as making it a practical reality.
You be responsible for the ‘best service’ transformation plan in its current and future forms, keeping them on track to deliver an industry-leading operating model. Working both across a number of divisions, you’ll be managing several complex projects, matrix teams, tracking the impact as well as identifying new opportunities to drive tenaciously and at pace.
Working across various delivery teams, you must be passionate about working together, building teams, and diligently delivering on time and to budget, galvanising support as you go. We’re looking for someone who is passionate and relentless at making things easier, simpler for people and customers.
As part of the Operations and Services area, you’ll need to champion the voice of the operation and customer to ensure the transformation strategy delivers both commercial and customer centric success.
- Responsible for the management and delivery of our Best Service transformation plan.
- Consolidate all in year change activity into a single service plan and create the governance and tracking to ensure successful delivery, and alignment to the long-range plan. Working closely with the Director of Change Control to ensure alignment with the centralized plans.
- Ensure all transformation plans are effectively scoped and built into solid delivery plans that land on time and to budget
- Lead the team that successfully supports our operation in receiving business driven change
- Working closely with the Head of Efficiency to develop flexible governance / ways of working that support delivery and prioritisation of the single service roadmap against an ever-changing backdrop
- Set up and lead teams of analysts and delivery managers in support of our journey and efficiency plans
- Clearly communicate progress, support needed and any risks / challenges to key stakeholders in service of ensuring the plans deliver
- Work with Head of Reporting and Performance to build a mechanism for performance indicators and tracking project/initiative impact
- Working cross-functionally across Sales and Customer Experience Strategy Team as well as other areas as necessary to drive initiatives and projects.
- Play a fundamental part in the operations leadership team and community, supporting them and their people to be their best for our customers, by delivering change that is well thought through with our customers and people at heart.
- Previous experience in Business Architecture, Operational Strategy Development and Change Delivery
- Comfortable and confident in a complex environment that moves at a pace and continually pushes boundaries
- Experienced influencer and collaborator – able to build effective relationships across levels including executive level to enable delivery
- Deep understanding of landing change in customer centric and operational environments – underpinned by sound commercial acumen
- Demonstrable experience of leading the delivery of both technical and system programmes of varying levels of complexity which are multi-faceted and are delivered on time, to scope and budget
- Fundamental experience of customer service strategy initiatives in a fast paced and changing environment. Delivering benefits to shift an organisation to deliver the best service with minimal people and customer effort.
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement skills; building relationships with the ability to facilitate decision making and escalation of risks and issues
- Excellent communication and people skills, bringing together a cross-functional team to understand our outcomes, the focus and pace required.
- The ability to build and provide regular progress communications to a range of stakeholders, from Exec level updates through to galvanizing our front-line people
- Good understanding of project delivery methodologies managing delivery to high standards
- Ability to turn problems and issues into ideas and solutions; supported by the necessary analysis and insight to help drive prioritisation on those which have the biggest impact to our people, customers and business.
- Ability to adapt analysis, approach and programmes/projects quickly in an environment which is flexible and fast paced
- The experience to oversee the definition of opportunities, scope and requirements which are supported by analysis, customer and people journey development and business process mapping
- Building relationships with counterparts in HS and Sales to share ideas and opportunities and generate efficiencies / joint plans
- Looking out and bringing innovative new ideas in that will benefit the Service group and customers (being obsessive about customers)
- Being an inclusive leader passionate about leading & driving demonstrable impact on inclusivity agenda
- Being people-focused and leading a function passionate about well-being & people development that shows up in people feedback
- Committed to being curious and continuing to learn / grow / develop
To apply, please send your CV plus covering letter Michael Dickson, Director, FWB Park Brown at email@example.com or to discuss the role in further detail please call the office to arrange a confidential discussion on 0131 539 7087.