Home » Head of Continuous Improvement
- May 11, 2015
Founded in 1815, Macfarlan Smith has almost 200 years of expertise in natural product extractions and chemical synthesis, specialising in opiate narcotics such as codeine and morphine. Today, as part of Johnson Matthey PLC, the company operates a state-of-the-art plant to the highest level of cGMP and is the world’s leading manufacturer of opiate alkaloids.
We are looking to appoint a Head of Continuous Improvement (CI) who will drive CI on the site to eliminate waste and reduce variability, using lean Sig Sigma manufacturing principles and methodologies. This role will report to the Operations Director and will have responsibility for developing and implementing CI strategy. This is an opportunity which will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to play a lead role in the identification, assessment, selection and prioritisation of site improvement projects and to have a visible impact on the business.
We are looking for candidates with focus, a self-starting attitude, and drive.
Candidates should have strong commercial awareness combined with a proven track record of driving change management and change leadership through continuous improvement implementation.
In addition, we are looking for:
- A degree in a technical discipline
- A solid understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles and techniques (candidates will preferably be Black Belt qualified, minimum of Green Belt)
- Strong understanding of project management and previous experience in leading process improvement/lean projects
- Ability to communicate and positively influence across a wide group of stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication and presentation skills