Home » Head of Commercial
- September 20, 2023
Entrepreneurial Scotland Foundation (ESF) is an independent charity that exists to equip organisations with the mindset, skills and connectivity to deliver personal and business growth. ESF has over 25 years’ of experience supporting thousands of talented people to unlock potential.
An independent, non-political, OSCR regulated Scottish charity, led by active Trustees and a committed team, ESF is supported by two charitable foundations in the United States and Canada plus a community of Fellows and Saltire Leaders representing a wide range of diverse growing Scottish businesses.
The Foundation provides transformative programmes to enable people to think, act and lead entrepreneurially. Their programmes blend experience, world class teaching and peer to peer learning and are generously supported by the time, experience and goodwill of the ESF community of over 5,000 business leaders.
Following a period of change and with a renewed ambition for growth in the business, ESF are looking to appoint an outstanding Head of Commercial to play a key role in the growth and commercial development of all Leadership and Talent programmes, including the Saltire Scholar programme, and wider member engagement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the sales process and revenue generation in membership, Saltire Scholar host companies and corporate sponsorship.
- Building a really effective sales process and team to exceed ambitious growth targets
- Identify and engage with businesses globally who wish to be part of the Entrepreneurial Scotland network and attract the best young talent to their organisation
- Optimising the service offerings, closing commercial deals and managing relationships to ensure all members of the ESF community achieve the desired outcomes
- Market the corporate proposition and selling the benefits of Entrepreneurial Scotland to the business community and individual members
- Developing and managing a wide range of commercial activities across the business
- Contributing to the overall leadership of Entrepreneurial Scotland and representing the brand, quality and ambition of the organisation externally
The successful candidate will have a strong track record in sales and B2B business development/ relationship management, building and managing high performing teams and growing revenue. It is thought that the individual will likely come with sales, marketing and commercial experience from a Learning and Development environment, although this sector is not a pre-requisite.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with current remuneration details, directly to Graham Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07738 182813 for a confidential discussion.