Home » Head of Complaints
- August 16, 2023
Startline is a high growth, leading and innovative provider of specialist finance solutions to the UK motor finance market, working with prominent franchised and independent dealers and specialist intermediaries. Using a unique mix of technology, and tailored customer experience, Startline help motor dealers transact with a wide range of potential customers, offering sensible rates and highly attractive terms. The strength of the Startline digital platform and excellent customer experience lie at the heart of the business.
Backed by a top 10 global investment fund and led by an experienced Senior Management Team, the company is well positioned to continue its impressive growth trajectory with ambitious plans.
The opportunity has arisen to appoint a new Head of Complaints, to play a key part in driving forward a ‘best in class’ customer service capability and continue to ensure Startline acts fairly, effectively and efficiently on behalf of its clients in line with regulatory requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, entrepreneurial and technology led business at a key point in its growth journey.
You will be responsible for a medium sized team of complaints handlers, working to develop systems and enhance processes & procedures to ensure the team deliver tailored resolutions working with, amongst others, our introducers and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Key responsibilities include:
- The development of a first-class complaint resolution strategy, providing support to the team and ensuring workflow is being effectively and actively managed, with all complaints managed in line with regulatory requirements
- Acting as the escalation point for complex cases and FOS referrals from your team, you will be required to apply critical thinking to resolve cases swiftly and efficiently
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement in line with business efficiencies, learning across the functions of the business, engaging where appropriate with other teams internally to drive understanding and process change
- From a regulatory perspective, build proactive and trusting relationships with relevant bodies including the FOS
- Overall leadership of the team and development of people to create an open, inspiring and solution-focused environment to provide excellent customer service
- Build and deliver effective reporting which provides comprehensive analysis of the performance of the team and root cause of complaints
- Monitor SLAs to inform and identify efficiencies, enhancements and further development to current strategies
We will consider candidates from a variety of consumer service sector backgrounds, although it would be advantageous to have experience within Financial Services.
Candidates will possess most of the following:
- Management of a Dispute Management team within a relevant business sector
- Experience of dealing with the Financial Ombudsman Service would be advantageous
- Demonstrable leadership skills at a similar level and evidence of managing a small-medium sized team
- Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements
- It would be advantageous to have an awareness of the FCA Handbook, particularly Consumer Duty, SYSC, CONC and DISP
Candidates will also be able to demonstrate an alignment with our cultural values which include:
- A solution-oriented mindset and the ability to inspire others
- A clear, transparent and constructive communication style
- The ability to adapt and flex to changing business requirements
- Responsiveness in approach and openness to change
- The ability to work as part of a wider team and support colleagues in driving great outcomes.
To download a copy of the candidate brochure, please click here.
Please send CV, with full remuneration details, to Jamie Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glasgow / Hybrid