Home » Head of Compliance & Infrastructure
- August 01, 2019
Established in 1895, family-owned Gordon & MacPhail is a malt whisky maturation expert and owner of Benromach Distillery. The company’s whiskies are enjoyed throughout the world. Gordon & MacPhail also operates a wholesale business in the United Kingdom selling premium Scotch whiskies and spirits, along with a high quality retail outlet in Elgin.
This is an exciting time for the business. It has a foundation based on 125 years’ experience, unique stocks of whisky, award winning brands, established routes to market, a great team and all coupled with a very positive future ahead of it.
It is moving forward with an ambitious strategy to grow the business and progressing with plans to build a second distillery.
To support this growth, Gordon & MacPhail is looking to appoint a new role of Head of Compliance & Infrastructure. This person will work very closely with the Operations Director and will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall strategy for infrastructure and facilities management, ensuring all sites, equipment and facilities are fit for purpose, HSEQ compliant and sufficient to support business growth.
Specifically, the Head of Compliance and Infrastructure will:
- Manage strategic risks in relation to upgrading of existing infrastructure and new infrastructure projects
- Track and monitor compliance and ensure HSEQ, Environmental and Quality certification and accreditation are maintained and developed
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement and best practice within the Operations structure
- Manage a significant operational budget for infrastructure investments and projects
- Play an active part in the Senior Leadership Team, communicating departmental objectives and collaborating on cross-department initiatives
- Manage the physical infrastructure assets of the company including all sites, building, equipment and security
- Coach and develop the team to develop capability and build a strong internal talent pipeline
Candidates should have a strong knowledge of best practice in compliance and HSEQ across a range of industries and will be able to demonstrate previous success in a senior management role with responsibility for HSEQ and infrastructure projects. We are looking for candidates with a strategic mindset, financial literacy and a strong results orientation.
This new role in the organisation represents an exciting opportunity to deliver change and to contribute to growth in a business which continues to invest in its future development.
To apply, please send your CV to Ailsa Sutherland at email@example.com