Home » Head of Customer Service and Operations
- October 23, 2023
Joining our fast paced and growth minded client, in a period of consolidation and transformation post acquisitions and re-platforming, the Head of Customer Service and Operations will lead the entire customer operations, including contact centre, operations/administration, service delivery, quality, project management and training.
This is a fast-paced area of the business that is challenging and changing continuously. This role is expected to ensure the Customer Service operation delivers the required performance whilst, being committed to delivering a great customer experience through a variety of contact channels, digital, and voice. Additionally this role will lead all of the operations/service delivery and administration related to the customer operation, and as a result operations or shared service experience would also be highly advantageous.
The Head of Customer Service and Operations will be asked to lead and input into strategy and be responsible for implementing the strategic direction and changes required within the operation.
This role will lead directly and indirectly a number of Customer Service Managers, Team Managers, CSR’s and specialist roles. The Head of Customer Service and Operations will ensure that through their team, customers receive a friendly, professional and consistently high-quality service helping to resolve various queries with the objective of achieving first contact resolution.
This role will also be expected to demonstrate a strong knowledge and application of risk management for their business area. The Head of Customer Service and Operations will interact with other parts of the organisation to varying degrees throughout each month to provide a service and data to key other functions and leaders across the business and will involve influencing and negotiating across these key functions to ensure that the overall outcomes for customers, colleagues and the business are achieved.
The Head of Customer Service and Operations will ensure accurate workload forecasting, optimal capacity management, budget production and maintenance as well as accurate performance reporting. The Head of Customer Service and Operations will drive actions which increase operational efficiencies, reduce operational risk, improve customer and employee satisfaction.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven track record in Senior Management within Customer Service within complex and ideally regulated industries (Ie Utilities, Financial Services, Gaming, etc).
- Thorough understanding of customer service management obligations including statutory obligations, requirements and dynamics.
- Strong understanding of Customer Service technologies.
- Strong understanding of Customer Service capacity management, resourcing and scheduling.
- A financial services background and experience of working within a regulated environment.
- An understanding of Training and Competence regulations and how their obligations are fulfilled.
- An understanding of data security and GDPR obligations.
- An awareness of operational and enterprise risk management and how this applies to managing the Customer Service operation.
- Leadership, People and Performance Management skills.
- Adaptability and Resilience skills in a changing environment.
- Capable of dealing with and influencing internal and external stakeholders at all levels with confidence.
- Good market and competitor awareness.
- Understanding of financial services distribution, advisory businesses, and processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An ability to communicate with variety of senior stakeholders.
- A good understanding of MS Office.
- An ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
To find out more, request the full candidate brochure or to arrange a confidential conversation please contact Michael Dickson at email@example.com or please phone 0131 539 7087.