Home » Head of Digital Disruption and Transformation (Digital Service)
- October 19, 2020
About Us & The Opportunity
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Sky has a vision to deliver the best service in the country, bar none, by helping customers to get the most from all Sky has to offer. Our strategy is to be there for customers when they need us via ways that are brilliantly simple, efficient and relevant. We’re constantly improving what we do, embracing new ideas and technologies that would make things even better for our customers. Within Customer Service we’re on a journey to seamlessly bring together digital and human customer experience through a variety of channels, so our 11 million customers get the right service for them. Whether that’s voice, messaging, online, through their TV or the My Sky App, proactive or reactive, our aim is for customers to value the service and advice we offer.
The Head of Digital Transformation role will be central to ensuring our future Digital Service proposition resonates with customers as around 90% customers are now using these channels already as their way to resolve service queries. The role will be an amazing opportunity to innovate, disrupt and drive forward the strategic plan at pace. As well as defining strategy, you will also be given the resources to make great change happen using agile principles where possible.
This is a truly multichannel, digital strategy, transformation and disruption remit with a multi-million pound budget, aimed at defining and delivering new technologies to create end to end seamless cross channel experiences, customer experience measurement tools and new engagement methods.
To be successful at Sky you must show you are passionate about the customer, their journey and overall experience and what their custom means to Sky. Therefore the key to this role is marrying digital and technological disruption and advancement with the true customer impact. Sky’s transformation agenda is not cost motivated, nor to achieve uniform automaton, but instead the innovation is centred around the customer, balancing digitisation and humanisation, with a view to delivering not only what the customer wants and needs but being the first to deliver what they don’t even know that they want or need.
As Head of Digital Transformation for Digital Service you will play a pivotal role in defining the strategic direction of our digital service capability which is wide ranging and includes Sky.com, the App, the Community, Bots, Messaging, IVR, AVS and Social. The role will involve you working closely with the Director of Digital Service and other senior stakeholders across Digital Service and beyond to make Sky the best service organisation in the country, bar none.
The role will be multifaceted and span the lifecycle of transformational change, from shaping the vision through to the deployment of game changing initiatives that you will have helped to conceive.
This will be a senior role, capable of creating lasting influence. You’ll also have direct line responsibility for a number of key functions which include performance, transformation, insight, multichannel journey creation and our award-winning Test and Learn team.
Specific accountabilities include:
- Shaping the vision and driving the digital performance planning cycle
- Be a thought leader, working with senior stakeholders to ensure we’re doing the right quality of thinking for service to win in the future
- Creating a strong pipeline of external thinking from thought leaders across the world
- Creating the case for change and constructively agitating and influencing to land this
- Agreeing the CAPEX plan and overseeing the £multimillion budget, ensuring we are achieving an appropriate return on investment
- Shaping the team direction and setting the targets to ensure we are true to our vision
- Updating on departmental performance including owning the weekly departmental strategic update and other business communications as appropriate
- Accountable for performance against our challenging targets driven by the vision
- Leading the key teams that support the implementation the transformation: Programme/Delivery, Insight, Multichannel journeys and Test and Learn
- Proactively identifying emerging issues that could affect the customer experience and collaborating with colleagues to solve them
- Ensuring we are engaging with the right portfolio of partners to drive forward the Assisted Service agenda
- Lead broader projects beyond the role to help develop the overall team culture and wellbeing
To request the candidate brochure, for further information on the role, to assess your fit as a potential candidate or a general and confidential discussion, please contact Michael Dickson from FWB Park Brown on +44 131 539 7087 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We celebrate diversity. Because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too. That’s why we’re working hard to build an inclusive culture, where you can be yourself. Whoever you are. Wherever you’re from. We recognise how vital it is that our workforce reflects the diverse communities in our customer base. Having diverse backgrounds, ethnicities and ways of thinking helps ensure that we always challenge each other and make sure that we are getting it right, communicating well and tailoring our services appropriately and inclusively for all. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including from underrepresented groups.
- London / Leeds