Home » Head of Field Operations and Customer Experience
- June 10, 2022
With 24 million customers across seven countries, Sky is Europe’s leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Our 31,000 employees help connect our customers with the very best of Sports, News, the arts and to our own local, original content. Following the success of Sky originals like Chernobyl, Patrick Melrose, Das Boot and Gomorrah we launched Sky Studios and now plan to more than double our investment in original drama and comedy over the next five years.
Our technology allows customers to watch what they want, when they want, how they want, and as we connect millions of families to content they love, it is our responsibility to do it safely – that’s why we offer services like Sky Broadband Buddy and the Sky Kids app. And our online streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.
We also believe that a company of our scale has a responsibility that goes beyond our business, and into the community. Our Sky Ocean Rescue campaign has reached millions across Europe, we’re on track to be free of single-use plastic by 2020, we’re investing £25million over five years in ocean-saving tech and we’re a proud employer – recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our approach to inclusivity.
Sky already has a mantra to make each and every one of our customers feel special and to innovate and drive change within their industry. That’s why our people are critical to our success and keep our customers coming back for more.
About The Opportunity
FWB Park Brown are delighted to be partnering with Sky on a number exciting organisational hires during a period of exciting technological developments that will change the landscape for their customers forever.
One of these opportunities is the Head of Field Operations and Customer Experience.
As a recognised business leader who champions the customer and colleague experience across an organisation, you will build strong relationships with key stakeholders and influence at all levels to ensure that the field operations and customer experience as a result are delivered flawlessly, on time and in line with the overall business strategy. Quality decisions and an unrelenting focus on delivery will be your hallmarks of success. You will role model exceptional people leadership skills and will enable your people to do their very best work.
In addition to ‘the BAU’, which is transforming at pace, the successful candidates will be involved in a variety of critical and exciting transformation projects as well as having the opportunity to influence, design and drive further change within the function and across the wider operations landscape.
- Experience in leading a complex field team, be that in engineering, logistics, retail or within wider fast paced field based teams/organisations
- Charismatic and Engaging leader and role model, with a passion for people and customer
- Expert stakeholder management skills with people at all levels in the business
- Natural and adaptable influencing skills
- Experience in handling difficult or directive conversations as appropriate to the situation and individual to ensure every individual is performing in their role
- Delivering change in a large complex customer service organisation
- Experience in managing a large workload in a fast paced environment
- Confidence and commercially aware – understands what’s important to Sky, our customers’ and stakeholders and can leverage that to achieve the best outcome for all
- Proactive, can-do attitude and resilient and able to perform under pressure and in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to David Flanagan of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.
We celebrate diversity. Because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too. That’s why we’re working hard to build an inclusive culture, where you can be yourself. Whoever you are. Wherever you’re from. We recognise how vital it is that our workforce reflects the diverse communities in our customer base. Having diverse backgrounds, ethnicities and ways of thinking helps ensure that we always challenge each other and make sure that we are getting it right, communicating well and tailoring our services appropriately and inclusively for all. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including from underrepresented groups.