Home » Head of Finance
- November 24, 2022
Startline is a high-growth, leading and innovative provider of specialist finance solutions to the UK motor finance market, working with prominent franchised and independent dealers and specialist intermediaries. Using a unique mix of technology, and tailored customer experience, and the strength of the Startline digital platform and excellent customer experience lie at the heart of the business.
Backed by a Top 10 Global investment fund and led by an experienced Senior Management Team, the company is well positioned to continue its impressive growth trajectory with ambitious plans.
The opportunity has arisen to appoint a new Head of Finance, reporting directly to the CFO to manage the operational finance activity and develop capability within the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, entrepreneurial and technology led business at a key point in its growth journey. The Head of Finance will have the opportunity to contribute to finance strategy in a collaborative and fast paced environment.
You will ensure that the Finance function of the business operates efficiently, overseeing all audit and taxation requirements, forecasting and budgeting, as well as holding responsibility for all internal & external financial reporting – ensuring all funding related processes are adhered to and complied with, as well as provide effective leadership and direction to a growing team of capable Finance professionals.
Key responsibilities include:
- The delivery of accurate & timely financial reporting on key performance indicators, along with commentary, analysis and the management of any financial discrepancies
- The completion, review and distribution of all monthly bank funding reporting, cashflow modelling and budget analysis for Board review
- Supporting the CFO in financial planning and scenario modelling
- Acting as one of the senior management team, contributing to overall strategy and business plans, overseeing a small team and their development
- Control of operating costs across the business, ensuring relevant departmental managers are managing costs within budget
- Engagement with audit and tax partners to ensure Startline Group meets all necessary tax requirements, audit sign off and accounting standards and regulations
We will consider candidates from a variety of sector backgrounds and are seeking a proactive, team-oriented operational Finance leader.
Candidates will possess a professional accountancy qualification (CA,CIMA,ACCA) and evidence of maintaining continued professional development. They will have a strong understanding of financial & accounting practices and current taxation, with hands on experience of managing people.
A candidate brochure which outlines the full job specification can be downloaded here.
Candidates should also display the ability to drive a culture of proactivity, operational and commercial excellence and the ability to balance a number of competing priorities.
Please send CV, with full remuneration details, to Jamie Brown at email@example.com or for a confidential discussion, please contact him at our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.
- Glasgow / Hybrid