Home » Head of Finance
- June 15, 2023
Horizon Cremation is passionate about building and operating a new generation of community crematoria. The Founders, driven by personal experience, are committed to providing a much better alternative to that which is currently on offer.
The positive experience Horizon creates comes through the buildings, architecture, landscaping, space and people. Creating a lighter and warmer environment than existing facilities, Horizon apply emotional intelligence, time and sensitivity to the occasion. The venues, designed and built on greenfield sites, will be carbon neutral and attention to detail and personal touches are at the forefront of the service differentiation.
The first facility in North Ayrshire opened in 2018, the second facility opened in Cannock Chase, Staffordshire, in April 2021, and the third facility at The Hurlet, in East Renfrewshire, opened in December 2022. Horizon is also at an advanced stage of planning on two further facilities, located in the southeast and northwest of England, as well as progressing further sites and opportunities. The business is therefore a property and an operating business, with the aim of building a portfolio of at least five crematoria over the coming years.
Horizon is backed by Maven Capital Partners, who have invested approximately £8m in the business since 2017. Since then, the group’s existing operations have grown and are expected to generate income in excess of £3.2M and EBITDA of £1.7M in 2023. Horizon now wishes to appoint a Head of Finance to support the business and enable future growth.
The Head of Finance will be required to lead and further develop the finance strategy in alignment with the overall strategy of the business. This will involve overseeing the finance function inhouse to deliver best in class service to all internal and external customers and partners, ensuring robust financial systems, processes, procedures and operational finance support are in place to meet the needs of the business.
Working closely with the joint MDs, other Directors and Investors to drive future growth, value creation and the positive performance of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the joint MDs in all commercial decision making, future growth and strategic initiatives
- Leading the design and provision of relevant and insightful financial and management information and analysis to the Board in a timely manner (including monthly P&L, Cashflow, KPIs and Balance Sheet)
- Responsible for getting the numbers right, leading cash and working capital management to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Maintain and produce accurate budgeting and cashflow forecasting models, plus commentary, to be presented regularly to the Board
- Liaison and negotiation with Banks and other lenders, raising finance and exercising financial control over covenants
- Overview and on-going development of strategic KPI’s designed to ensure maximum efficiencies are consistently delivered across the business, and to aid business decision making.
We are looking to appoint a technically excellent and highly credible Finance Manager with strong commercial acumen and high levels of emotional intelligence. Some Corporate Finance experience and prior exposure to Private Equity investment, with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, will also be valuable. The Head of Finance will be a qualified accountant (with at least 3 years PQE) with a strong commercial background ideally spent in the Property or Service sectors.
This is an extremely compelling opportunity to play a key role in the growth of a very exciting, innovative and ambitious business, based in Scotland.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns, of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.
- Glasgow / Hybrid