Home » Head of Finance
- November 15, 2018
GAP Hire Solutions is the UK’s leading independent equipment hire company, with 8 divisions operating from 141 locations across the UK. Founded in 1969 by Gordon Anderson, GAP remains a family business with strong family values. It is owned and managed by the second generation of the Anderson family and now has four members of the third generation working in the Group.
GAP’s vision is to be the most innovative hire solutions provider, to lead the industry and have a real impact on key decisions that influence the hire sector. Substantial opportunity for growth has created the need for an outstanding Head of Finance to join the Executive Management Team, reporting to the Finance Director based in Glasgow. The Head of Finance will take responsibility for managing the finance function of the group, including the annual budgeting process, internal and external reporting, treasury, tax and compliance.
- The provision of relevant and insightful financial and operating information and analysis, giving a clear overview of business performance, supporting good commercial decision making and sound strategic planning
- Helping to prepare the financial objectives of the business, taking responsibility for the annual budgeting process, in line with forecasting and financial planning
- Managing cash, working capital and treasury requirements of the business to best effect
- Design and integrity of robust financial controls and procedures across the group, ensuring all statutory reporting and tax requirements of the organisation are met
- Oversight of the successful delivery of the annual audit
- Managing and developing effective processes to safeguard the Group’s assets
- Monitoring of risk management policies and procedures
- Leading by example and providing professional development to the Finance team
We are looking to appoint an extremely bright, technically strong and highly credible leader into this role. We are flexible on background, but the successful candidate must be able to quickly understand how both the sector and business operates. Experience of a multi-site, B2B customer-led service environment will be helpful, and a background in industry sectors such as manufacturing and construction will be interesting.
GAP Group is very much a family business and the preferred candidate will be able to display inherent values and behaviours consistent with this environment.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.