Home » Head of Finance
- February 09, 2022
As our client goes through continued organic growth, and a live PE fundraise round to continue their scale-up, the Founders are looking to hire their first Head of Finance to join the Board.
This will either be an experienced Financial Controller looking to step up or an existing Head of Finance / Finance Director with a demonstrable track record of working with SME in a hands-on growth minded environment.
Responsibilities: (not exhaustive)
Business set up, strategy and corporate finance
- Contribute to the leadership as a member of the Board ensuring delivery of strategic objectives and influencing a sustainable and appropriate growth minded strategy
- In-source and lead the scaling and maturing of the finance function as it scales for future funding and growth.
- Work directly with third party advisors on accounting treatment/structural issues.
- Coaching and improving the teams financial understanding on a monthly basis
- Lead on financial Due Diligence work
- Work directly with advisors to provide information for possible IM’s as well as building up their knowledge of the business
- Lead on all finance related matters, across the organisation in support of our overall company strategy and to support future growth. Including oversight of management and statutory accounting, audit, pensions, insurance and risk management, legal / contract management, compliance activities.
- Lead contact for financial audit. Coordinating the both the internal finance team and working with senior members of the audit team to finalise the process.
- Building and coaching the team to prepare the financial statements both at an entity and consolidated position.
- Helping the team with the challenging areas of the audit, including messaging and layout of key working papers and helping the auditors get comfortable with a complex business and process.
- Reviewing the working papers of the team and ensuring that the individual accounts are accurate at an entity and consolidation level. The papers and accounts need to be prepared to a standard capable of audit at any month end.
- Prepare the monthly management information, budgets and ad-hoc analysis with a view to delivering the company’s annual operating budget and longer term financial planning
Cash flow management and banking
- Monitor cash levels in the business to ensure covenant compliance
- Authorise and challenge payments on a daily basis
- Coordinating and reviewing the tax comps
- Working alongside the tax advisors to implement improvements to the business
- Business IT improvement, identifying reporting errors/weaknesses and working with development to implement solutions.
- Dealing with Ad-hoc requests from the board or other members of the senior management team
Contact Us / How to Apply
To apply or arrange an initial conversation to find out more, please email or send your CV and covering letter to Michael Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org