Home » Head of Finance / Finance Director
- October 14, 2020
Our high growth private equity backed client, based in central Scotland, is currently looking for an experienced Head of Finance to build a head office function, help drive the operational business forward and report monthly directly to the board.
This individual will have experience in high growth companies circa £10-£30 million growth trajectories and has been part of team leading the transitional change in infrastructure to allow this to happen. This individual will have experience of working with entrepreneur / owner managed businesses and been part of the key decision making within that role.
This individual, and their team, will be responsible for all core finance and head office (HR, HSE) activity, including but not limited to Financial and Management Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Banking, compliance and financial systems and process improvements.
This is a crucial appointment to bolster the strength of the leadership team and quality of management information available to the Board. Alongside the delivery of robust and accurate financial reporting this individual will be responsible for high quality commercial and financial insight into the day-to-day business decisions.
Person specification & requirements
First and foremost, the successful candidate will be a highly capable and commercially focussed senior accountant with a track record of: (i) improving the quality and accuracy of reporting and management information and using this to challenge business performance; (ii) participating in Board level strategic/ commercial discussions; and (iii) experience leading corporate activity (i.e. acquisitions, disposals or large capital projects).
This technical skill-set will be paired with key attributes that include a commercial business mind, the ability to spot opportunities, process improvements and help implement and drive a more financially and commercially aware culture in the businesses they have been in.
- Commercially minded qualified Accountant (ACA, CA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Hands on Experience working as part of a growing SME/ owner managed business.
- Focus and attention to detail – continuously monitors day to day financial metrics and performance, spots issues quickly and finds solutions.
- Excellent communication skills – writes and presents effectively to different audiences, both internal and external. Shares information accurately and quickly. Ensures that team members are kept up-to-date and appropriately challenged on matters related to key company needs and issues.
- Strong self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills. Ability to deal with challenge from NXD’s & key stakeholders.
- Able to make complex financial principals simple and adept at managing non-financially minded stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of IT systems & experience of system implementation.
- Working with others – ability to operate successfully in a range of environments, with the appetite to be hands on in an entrepreneurial environment and the credibility to build strong relationships at the most senior level.
- A good sense of humour and an ability to get on with others in a positive and collaborative environment. Very professional but also down to earth.
- Knowledge of complex multi-site operations would be highly advantageous (i.e. logistics, retail, e-ecommerce, hospitality, business services).
For more information or for a confidential discussion please contact Michael Dickson on email@example.com
Or alternatively, you can contact our Edinburgh office by phone on +44 131 539 7087
- Edinburgh / Stirling