Home » Head of Finance
- March 30, 2018
Equity-Backed Financial Services Start-Up
This newly created Head of Finance role will support the COO and other Board members to build the business from start-up, managing all financial aspects of the business on a day to day basis. The successful candidate will own the financial and management accounting for the business, including leading the relationship with relevant external parties and advisors including the FCA and auditors in relation to financial matters. They will also act as the key financial point of contact with the investors and the Advisory Board. This role will be, at least initially, the only financial member of the team and hence it is crucial that the successful candidate is capable of getting their sleeves rolled up in a start-up environment.
- Evidence of wanting to be part of an organisation that will disrupt and change the industry for the better. Relevant experience within a financial services or regulated environment along with a demonstrable interest in the charity / not for profit sector would be advantageous.
- Experience of creating full financial and management accounts either in a division or outright business.
- Evidence of carrying out a “hands-on” role within minimal internal or external support.
- Ability to synthesize a lot of data and see trends and potential impact on company.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Fully qualified accountant.
Preferable but not essential:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a small business/organisation and a desire to contribute to all aspects of the business.
- Knowledge of the UK consumer finance market especially in relation to financial issues.
- Experience with IFRS 9.
- Working knowledge of Sage.
To apply please send your CV with details of current remuneration to Adam Brown, Director at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org