Home » Head of HR & OD
- May 04, 2022
Blackwood is a leading specialist housing and care provider across Scotland. Founded in 1972, the organisation is a charity and a registered housing association and is entirely focused on creating personalised and individual solutions to help people live fully and independently.
Innovation and customer engagement are at the heart of everything Blackwood does. By investing in new technology, high quality services and accessible homes, it helps people live their life to the full. Co-designing with customers, it develops and delivers a truly personalised homes and care service across Scotland.
With over 550 employees, 1500 properties, 3 care homes and delivering over 10,000 care at home hours per week, Blackwood operates in 28 out of 32 local authorities. It provides homes, care and support for adults with disabilities and older people to enable them to live independently. It aims to be a great place to work, offering flexible conditions, a friendly culture, and job satisfaction across the wide range of its services.
Blackwood’s neighbourhood bases in Stirling, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Ayr, Dundee and Edinburgh facilitate a unique and streamlined housing and care service. Combined with its CleverCogs technology, a wide geographic base ensures its teams are in the best position to support people at a personal level and enable them to live their life to the full.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and growing organisation which has a real and significant impact on the community, with social purpose at the heart of its focus.
Blackwood seeks to appoint an ambitious Human Resources and Organisational Development professional to work closely with the Executive and assume responsibility for Blackwood’s HR and OD team.
The role will seek to ensure the following;
- To provide strategic insight and actively contribute to the overall management of the Blackwood business as a key member of the Leadership team advising the Executive Team as appropriate.
- To provide leadership, management and direction of the Human Resources and Organisational Development activities ensuring effective design, governance and implementation of Blackwood’s HR People Plan in line with its values and resources.
- To provide HR frameworks to empower and support people managers to lead on organisation design, culture, behaviours and organisational learning and continuous improvement.
- To develop collaborative working relationships with senior managers, people managers and individual teams to ensure that the organisation has a high performing culture and a ‘fit for future’ workforce.
- To ensure that all aspects of the Blackwood employee experience is positive and understood and in turn delivers a high level of employee engagement and delivery of strategies and goals.
The successful candidate will possess most of the following;
- Experience of leading an HR and OD function with exposure to Board reporting and governance.
- Sound knowledge of Human Resources and Organisational Development and Culture change.
- Experience of employee engagement strategies and plans.
- Experience of leading and managing a team and embedding a performance and customer-focused mindset.
- Experience of managing business integrations, TUPE process and associated change work.
- The ability to work collaboratively across a complex organisation with multiple priorities.
- It is essential the individual has a high degree of IT literacy with the ability to understand business systems, their benefits and features.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent professional experience.
To download the candidate brochure click here.
To apply please contact Jaclyn Needham at FWB Park Brown by sending a CV/Cover letter or to arrange an initial conversation via;
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd April 2022.
Interviews: 1st stage interviews will likely take place across the weeks commencing with 18th April and the 25th April.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme: Blackwood is committed to diversity and inclusion and as a Disability Confident Employer, will interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the post.
- Edinburgh / Flexible