Home » Head of HR
- September 10, 2018
Independently owned Highland Spring Group is the UK’s largest supplier of bottled water (Zenith 2018 bottled water report) and is proud of its iconic brand and integrity driven culture.
The business is at an exciting stage in its development with a clear business strategy aligned to its vision of becoming the UK’s leading independent supplier and advocate of natural source water based products.
We are recruiting a Head of HR who will be a key player in the leadership management team. As part of the leadership team you will be accountable for developing and delivering the HR vision and people strategy and will help determine the culture and future business strategies.
With a hands-on dynamic approach, you will be able to deal with day to day matters as you drive the HR function and people agenda. With a strong business-orientated mindset, your key focus will be to provide HR leadership while supporting people decisions across all business areas. Accordingly, you will be confident in making decisions and following them through from the outset.
You will have the creativity and intuition to assess, design and lead various people initiatives/programmes. This role encompasses performance and talent management, compensation and benefits, organisational change, employee relations, HR administration, recruiting, reporting and providing coaching and support across the business in collaboration with your colleagues.
The brief is to:
- Champion and lead the development of the Company’s HR vision, people strategy and relevant frameworks, assuming ownership for delivering supportive objectives and programmes.
- Develop and deliver annual HR objectives to support business strategy.
- Create and manage the HR annual budget.
- Contribute to the long-term goals around business and people development.
- Consistently demonstrate personal leadership behaviours as a role model to others, leading on the company values, initiatives and culture.
- As a member of the senior leadership team you will interface with the Chief Executive and directors on a regular basis. You will be a trusted confidante on sensitive matters, confident in giving your opinion and expertise.
- Establish and maintain collaborative internal relationships with other support and stakeholder groups including Finance, Commercial, Engineering, and Technical.
- Monitor changes in employment legislation and provide advice in relation to the development of new policies and benefits, ensuring all policies are maintained, legally complaint and effectively communicated and understood by all relevant stakeholders.
- Lead the analysis of employee feedback, behaviours and data with the aim of creating a better working environment and engaged culture.
- Develop and deliver reward, recognition and benefit strategies/practices which are aligned to current and future business requirements.
- Ensure all resourcing practices and procedures are effective in identifying and attracting people with the potential and capability to meet the short and long-term ambitions of the organisation’s strategy.
- Take a strategic view on the Company’s people capability. Identify what talent populations are required for future success, creating approaches to identification and development of talent, and managing performance.
This is an excellent opportunity, therefore a background in FMCG, a strong network of contacts, as well as knowledge of trends, challenges and opportunities is essential.
Candidates will ideally be CIPD qualified. They should be able to demonstrate a track record of success within a senior leadership role in a manufacturing environment.
To apply, please send your CV with current remuneration details to Alix Meekison at firstname.lastname@example.org