Home » Head of Internal Control & Compliance
- November 19, 2020
Startline is a leading provider of specialist finance solutions to the UK motor finance market, working with prominent franchised and independent dealers and specialist intermediaries. Using a unique mix of technology, financial acumen and human skills, Startline help motor dealers transact with a wide range of potential customers, offering sensible rates and highly attractive terms. The Startline digital platform is at the heart of the business.
With an experienced Senior Management Team, operating within a strong governance and risk discipline framework, the company is enjoying a sustained period of organic growth. With this comes an ever-increasing focus on the internal control and regulatory compliance of the business. The Board have therefore taken the strategic decision to appoint an experienced Head of Internal Control & Compliance, to report to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Head of Internal Control & Compliance will be responsible and accountable for ensuring the business maintains an effective operational control framework and continues to comply with all regulatory and legal obligations. The role encompasses the development and introduction of a third line of defence across the business, building a robust internal audit framework governing all functions of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Enhance the existing governance framework through the creation of a third line of defence in respect of enterprise risk management
- Develop and maintain the operational risk framework, internal controls and internal audit programme that meets the needs of the business and ensures regulatory, legal and operational compliance.
- Design and present comprehensive reporting that signals early warning of any suspected procedural weaknesses in the business and take responsibility for the implementation of agreed recommendations.
- Develop relationships with key regulatory bodies/legal advisers and ensure all licences are maintained.
- Bring leadership, operational excellence and a highly analytical approach to Internal Control & Compliance.
Candidates are likely to come with a legal or finance background and should be technically excellent, with very strong influencing, stakeholder management and communication skills. Interesting candidates will combine technical ability and track record with highly relevant sector experience in Consumer Finance. A background specifically in Motor Finance is strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should live within a commutable distance of Glasgow or be prepared to relocate for this role. Please send your CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call Graham on 07738 182813