Home » Head of IT
- December 21, 2021
The Citizens Advice network in Scotland is the largest independent advice service in the country. Citizens Advice Scotland (CAS) is a charity within this network which acts as a national organisation supporting and representing the service as a whole and the interests of citizens. At the heart of the network there are 59 individual citizens advice bureau organisations across Scotland, all operating as independent charities in their own right.
One of CAS’s main roles is to provide support and expertise to the individual bureau in a range of areas such as advisor training, governance, campaigns, as well as providing services such as IT and HR.
With an experienced Senior Leadership Team in place, the opportunity has arisen to appoint an experienced Head of IT, to be based in Edinburgh and report to the Chief Executive Officer, Derek Mitchell. The Head of IT will be instrumental in driving the advice and advocacy work of the Citizens Advice network in Scotland, providing essential support to the 3000 staff and volunteers in 59 bureaux across Scotland, as well as around 170 staff at CAS. This is a crucial role for the service as CAS continues its journey to digitisation.
This is an extremely broad role, with responsibility for the shared infrastructure, delivering secure telephony and digital services to all bureaux, the national case management system, national data hub, website and a range of unique local products. The Head of IT will also be responsible for developing the CAS network IT strategy and will sit on the CAS Digital Committee, futureproofing the organisation and advising trustees on strategy and governance matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and direction on all IT matters across the network, supporting the development of IT solutions and organisational effectiveness.
- Lead, motivate and develop the IT Team to deliver exceptional performance and customer service to all stakeholders.
- Ensure robust governance of all IT security, including cyber security accreditation status and implementation of appropriate systems, process and training.
- Support the Digital Committee to develop and implement a best-in-class digital strategy.
- Drive the successful delivery of IT services to CAS as part of the Corporate Services Leadership team, enabling business continuity at all times.
- Ensure SLA’s with third party IT contractors and suppliers are delivered upon and provide best value for CAS.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong track record in leading IT teams, within small to medium sized but complex organisations. We welcome applications from all sectors. Candidates should be technically excellent, with very strong influencing, stakeholder management and communication skills.
This is a full-time role and CAS are willing to offer flexible working hours and a hybrid working model to suit.
Please send CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential conversation, please call Graham on 07738 182813.