Home » Head of Learning & Development
- October 14, 2022
At William Grant & Sons, their vision is to be a home where rare characters thrive. They value all colleagues for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how they do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to their purpose and their company values. They strive to create an environment where you can all be at your best and bring your whole selves to work.
Their agile working philosophy is to “Have your best work day everyday”. Built on trust, they empower their rare characters to have their best work day every day. Where flexibility and positive working experiences help employees to feel connected and release potential across their teams.
William Grant & Sons are open to discussing possible agile/flexible working options as part of the recruitment process.
Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of how they do things at William Grant & Sons, fully aligned to their purpose and their company values. They want to ensure that their recruitment process is inclusive. If you have any questions or need some support with your application please let us know.
Learning & Development develop and implement development programmes, supporting employee personal development and ensuring that our global business has the competencies and capacity we need to maximise performance. The Head of Learning & Development works closely with HR Directors and other senior stakeholders to effectively implement development programmes across the business, ensuring that all company-wide L&D needs are appropriately resourced and high standards are maintained.
You’ll be accountable for developing L&D policies and principles, delivering learning to and developing our diverse range of employees, improving their performance and helping them realise their potential. Standardising processes, tools and templates you’ll oversee their deployment across the business. Other key accountabilities include:
- Ensuring the maintenance and further development of the competency framework in relation to the Company’s requirements for basic key skills, and where possible, to create competitive advantage.
- Coordinating the assessment of the organisation capability against the required competency levels on a structured and periodic basis, and ensure that appropriate L&D interventions are being taken to address any competency and skill gaps
- Maintaining and developing a strong L&D framework that defines the most effective set of vehicles to enable the development of all employees and build the required competencies, with the optimal balance of internal and external delivery
- Creating and sourcing practical and tailored development programmes to address the critical competency gaps and to support all employee development, with specific talent development focus on relevant leadership and functional requirements.
- Working with the HRDs and team leaders across the business proactively to ensure development programs are used, implemented and followed up on in order to build the strength of people resources and accelerate the internal talent pipeline, with particular focus on leadership development
- Managing your team, ensuring all Company-wide L&D needs are appropriately resourced, budgeted and prioritised, with an optimal allocation of financial and other resources. Manage the overall L&D cost to ensure maximum value for money
- Working closely with central Talent, the HR Directors and their respective teams to coordinate and manage key L&D matters, with particular focus on practical advice
- Supporting the Executive Board, team leaders and the Chief People Officer in developing a high-performing organisation with an employee-oriented open and collaborative culture, that emphasises empowerment
The Successful Candidate
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience and a proven track record in a strategic Learning & Development Leadership role across broad functional areas.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic approaches, processes and systems for Learning & Development as part of a senior HR Leadership Team.
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification/experience in Human Resources or other relevant field.
- Ability to partner on business issues with clients, effective influencing and consulting skills
- Coaching skills/qualifications and psychometric testing qualifications would be an advantage
- Experience within a FMCG or operational environment would be an advantage
To apply, please send your CV to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.