Home » Head of New Product Development (NPD)
- October 17, 2020
Walkers Shortbread is one of Scotland’s most iconic and respected companies.
Their signature pure butter shortbread is baked in the Speyside village of Aberlour to an original family recipe perfected by Joseph Walker in 1898, and it has gone on to develop many other excellent products and a truly global business. Indeed, its original product is said to be “the World’s Finest Shortbread”. It is an award-winning business, most recently “Family Business of the Year” and “Exemplary Employer of Choice”.
The Head of NPD will report to the Technical Director and will be responsible for the end-to-end NPD process and life cycle management system, creating innovative formulas to meet customer demand and to address market trends and expectations. You will work with a dedicated, focussed and committed team in NPD and will design, deliver and drive the NPD strategy for the business. This is a new role and so there is scope to really shape and influence across a broad internal and external stakeholder group which will include customers, technical, marketing, operations and sales.
We are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of delivering new food products to market
- Creative approach with deep consumer insight
- Detailed knowledge of both private label and brand development
- Rigour in NPD life cycle management approach, experience with ERP and CRM systems
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- High integrity, a strong leader and influencer
- The ability to be both strategic as well as hands on/agile when necessary will also be key to success
This is clearly a fantastic opportunity to join the Leadership Team of a company with an amazing history and heritage and which is equally determined to have a great future.
To apply please send your CV and current remuneration details to Ailsa Sutherland at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com, or call us to confidentially discuss further on 0131 539 7087.
The closing date for applications is Friday 8th January.