Home » Head of Operations
- July 15, 2021
Established in 1997, ACS Clothing Limited is a disruptive and innovative rental, return and Re-Commerce business providing clothing services into retail and soon to be directly to consumer markets through a new partnership. The business is the leading clothing rental provider in the UK “white label” menswear market and provides a range of services including within Re-Commerce, the provision of 3rd Party Logistics Services within Womenswear and Babywear and for 2021 the launch of Apparel Subscription.
The organisation boasts recognisable high street retailers within its client portfolio including Moss, Next, Slaters Menswear and online eCommerce businesses such as ASOS, HireStreet and MyWardrobeHQ.
With a commitment to, and a strong strategic focus on Sustainability – the organisation is well placed to thrive in a growing market within the circular economy.
ACS is a Certified Carbon Neutral Circular operation, they are a real living wage employer, a disability confident leader and their BCorp certification is in process.
With serious ambition to now scale the business, a new Head of Operations is being sought.
This role will be critical in providing ACS the operational platform to deliver these significant growth plans and will report directly into the Chief Operating Officer, assuming responsibility for the businesses state-of-the-art fulfilment and production site just outside Glasgow.
The appointment of a new Head of Operations will allow ACS to strengthen its leadership capability within Operations.
There is significant opportunity to drive operational improvement through lean methodologies, managing 5 departments onsite: (i) Returns, (ii) Sanitising, Cleaning & Finishing, (iii) Pick (iv) Dispatch (v) and Maintenance with a total of 125 FTE across these areas.
Alongside the continual development of people and processes, there are a number of projects that the individual would be responsible for managing including the onsite CAPEX development programme and the development of 2 new site floors to support growth.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful individual will be an experienced Operations leader with experience in a complex logistics environment, with a passion for sustainable development and the circular economy.
They will bring a positive and proactive approach to development with regards to people, process and systems and have the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives at the same time.
They will possess most of the following knowledge, skills & experience;
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable leadership experience in a relevant operational environment with regards to warehousing & logistics. It would also be advantageous to have experience of reverse logistics
- Demonstrable experience in leading, developing, managing and motivating teams, as well as direct reports
- Support the transition to net-zero
- To oversee and monitor regularly the overall gross margin
- Work with the operations team to communicate deadlines and monitor production progress – ensuring on time production delivery
- NEBOSH Certificate / IOSH Managing Safely
- Experience of developing Continuous Improvement Programmes using knowledge of methodologies such as Lean, 6sigma and Kaizen
For further details please download the full candidate brochure.
For more information please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential discussion.