Home » Head of Operations (Multi-Site)
- December 22, 2021
FWB Park Brown are delighted to be working with a leading global drinks producer to recruit their new Multi-Site Head of Operations within their Bottling and Packaging operations.
The Head of Operations will ensure the correct functioning of the site packaging and bottling operations, working with on-site teams to drive continuous improvement in all areas of the operation, including efficiency, quality, productivity, proper maintenance, and full compliance to all relevant standards.
With significant investment in automation and technology, as well as in their people and the skills required to run an exceptional global FMCG operation this is an exciting time to join this well known and respected brand in a pivotal leadership role.
The successful candidate will have complex packaging, or ideally fast paced bottling operations, experience and will have experience of managing a large and multi-skilled team.
With a team of over 300 split across the two sites this is a key leadership position and we will be looking for an influential and inspirational people leader and motivator with experience of managing a range of transformational change programmes whilst delivering the BAU.
A snapshot of the accountabilities are highlighted below, however for more information on the client and role please get in contact for a confidential discussion.
Accountabilities: (including but not limited to)
- Ensure management of the operations across both sites are to the highest possible standards, driving continuity of management, a sound control environment, and sharing of best practice
- Work with the on-site teams (as appropriate) to:
- Ensure the efficient functioning of the bottling operation, crewing appropriately with skilled employees across shifts, optimizing labour utilization, promoting teamwork, ensuring employee welfare, and executing efficient change-overs to produce cased goods to quality standards and production schedules
- Control the on-site trials and validation processes for NPD projects to ensure on time and on cost product launches
- Maintain close control over productivity measures and the associated financial costs in order to deliver the best possible outcome at the lowest possible costs
- Optimise the use of energy and materials across bottling area, minimising all wastage (materials / spirits / energy) and continuously improving recycling levels
- Ensure equipment is maintained in proper condition, with regular machine cleaning and tidy housekeeping
- Oversee the embedding of strong quality control across the site bottling operation to ensure full compliance with quality specifications
- Drive the planning and delivery of pro-active and comprehensive maintenance programmes (PPM and reactive), working with on-site maintenance teams to ensure stock availability of critical spares, and continuously measure performance to identify improvement areas
- Ensure long-term sustainable, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective operations of the bottling site through the development of clear site master and 5-year plans
- Ensure the highest possible health and safety standards are maintained and use appropriate risk management techniques to ensure safe operation of all bottling operations
- Ensure adherence to all relevant compliance processes, including Environmental Regulatory compliance, set high internal environmental standards that go beyond minimum requirements, and identify and drive improvements
Contact Us / How to Apply
To apply or arrange an initial conversation to find out more, please email or send your CV and covering letter to Michael Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org