Home » Head of Operations – Airport Security
- September 13, 2021
Be part of helping to rebuild and grow a fitter and stronger Gatwick!
We are passionate, more so than ever, in ensuring we provide our passengers and employees with the best possible experience.
As we re-emerge from COVID-19, we want to bring great people into our business to help us continue to deliver the high standards expected from our passengers. Our people are key to our success, and we want great talent to join us and be part of our journey.
Are you an Operational Leader looking for a new opportunity within an exciting industry?
A fundamental corner stone of our business, in this pivotal and crucial role as the Head of Operations within Airport Security, you will be accountable for delivering a safe and robust security operation, responsible for the largest single team, which interacts with every single passenger and every staff member, representing the front face of Gatwick.
As we begin to return from a time of significantly reduced working, confidence and reassurance is high on the agenda with this role pivotal in creating a new platform for working together to be ready for the challenges of a business about to embrace regrowth and the need to be highly adaptable.
How you will make an impact as the Head of Operations – Airport Security at Gatwick:
- Defining and creating a positive environment for our people to flourish, where a culture of involvement, engagement and inspirational communications are fully embedded
- Recognising the importance of delivering service levels to our customers and business partners and the value chain to highlight the appropriate standards and costs that deliver for the business
- A large budget, the vast majority of which are staff costs, which requires exceptional business acumen to drive productivity, investment in technology and continuous improvement
- Ensuring that the regulatory and compliance requirements are fully discharged
- Delivering people, process and infrastructure changes within the function through strong leadership and sponsorship of change and innovation projects
- Working alongside a team of Operational Heads of function, provide functional expertise as well as organisational strength across the Directorate including participating in Crisis and Incident Management
Do you have what we’re looking for?
Skills & Expertise
- In-depth experience in managing operations in a complex organisation (ideally within a customer service and process orientated sector)
- Demonstrable experience of creating a continuous improvement culture
- Proven leadership capabilities that see decision making delegated as close to the front line as possible
- Experience of large workforce management and traditional Union frameworks
- Ability in leading transformation change
- Ability to coach, facilitate and create opportunities for learning
- Demonstrable influencing skills
- Excellent relationship building capabilities
Strengths & Behaviours
- An outstanding leader, able to lead with gravitas, demonstrate resilience and progressive thinking with the ability to influence and communicate at a senior level
- Highly collaborative with practical and demonstrable experience in getting things done
- Able to build strong alliances with teams and senior stakeholders throughout the organisation
- Commercially minded and tenacious leader possessing excellent business acumen and leadership skills
- Self-motivated with a commitment to lifelong learning
- Graduate calibre – MBA or other – Master’s qualification preferred.
Interested? If you’re an operational leader with the experience highlighted above, we would love to hear from you!
Gatwick is passionate and committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer, encouraging different perspectives and experiences to make us a more innovative and creative workplace, whilst valuing our people for their differences and valuing them for it!
Come join the adventure and be part of our journey!
For further information, please see candidate brochure here.
To apply, please send your CV with current remuneration details to Ailsa Sutherland, Director, FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 0131 539 7087 for an initial confidential discussion.