Home » Head of People
- January 23, 2023
At Tesco Bank, they’ve recently reorganised themselves to operate in an Agile way of working. As a strategic HR Business Partner, your role will focus on improving the organisational effectiveness of the business area you support. You’ll do this by focusing on building capability for now and the future, strategic workforce planning, talent management and enhancing the overall performance of our people by ensuring the leadership team are developing the right skills and capabilities to thrive in an Agile matrix structure. This role is crucial as you partner the Executive team to develop their culture and ways of working. You will provide strategic advice and guidance to help shape, develop and build the effectiveness of the area of our business you support, whilst also acting as a trusted partner, leveraging deep understanding of the business and engaging our Practices of Expertise and People Services teams, to deliver against business challenges through the optimisation of self service and digital channels.
Working across their Protect (Insurance) which includes Tesco Underwriting and their Customer service areas you will support these business areas to deliver their strategic plan and ensure that they are tooled for the future. This role is supported by x2 People partners and COEs.
In the role you will be accountable for:
- Identifying the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs, evaluating current capabilities, identifying gaps, and prioritising development activities and solutions.
- Coaching leaders to improve their own and teams’ performance.
- Working with the OD partner to align structure and organisation principles to create efficiencies
- Supporting the execution of Talent Attraction enhancing capability with each new hire.
- Taking responsibility for developing and delivering business unit people related change management plans to agreed outcomes.
- Providing general HR advice and guidance to the leadership team
- Communicating the Colleague Experience function’s strategy within the business unit
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Previous experience as a senior HR Business Partnering, operating at Executive level
- Have a good, practical working knowledge of Agile practices.
- Experience of delivering colleague focused change
- Highly effective communication, coaching, & stakeholder management skills
- Strong leadership, coaching & influencing skills
- Future focused thinker
To apply, please send your CV to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.
- Edinburgh / Glasgow / Newcastle / Reigate