Home » Head of People Services
- June 23, 2022
Historic Environment Scotland are the lead body for Scotland’s historic environment; a charity dedicated to the advancement of heritage, culture, education and environmental protection. They’re at the forefront of researching and understanding the historic environment, and addressing the impact of climate change on its future. They investigate and record architectural and archaeological sites and landscapes across Scotland and care for more than 300 properties of national importance. They have a People Strategy, which is an overarching strategy to ensure that they support and develop colleagues within the organisation.
Their vision is that Scotland’s historic environment is cherished, understood, shared and enjoyed with pride by everyone.
Their priorities are:
- The historic environment makes a real difference to people’s lives
- The historic environment is looked after, protected and managed for the generations to come.
- The historic environment makes a broader contribution to the economy of Scotland and it’s people
- The historic environment inspires a creative and vibrant Scotland
- The historic environment is cared for and championed by a high performing organisation.
Reporting to the People Director, the Head of People Services will be a key member of the People Directorate Senior Leadership Team, working closely with colleagues across the People Directorate and Senior Leaders across HES to jointly lead the People Directorate to achieve its strategic vision.
In this role you will:
- Be the strategic and operational lead for people services for HES, leading the People Services team, inspiring them to deliver excellent service to their customers.
- Have overall responsibility for leading and delivery of the Payroll function.
- Lead the HR Business Partners to develop their people plans and ensure that the wider People Services Team and the Organisational Development & Wellbeing team are aligned to support those plans.
- Own the overall recruitment and attraction journey for colleagues, leading the transformation of their recruitment policy and process, fully utilising the digital tools available and adopting a service design approach to improve the overall offering and promotion of HES.
- Lead the employee value proposition for HES ensuring that they are promoting and selling HES as an employer to the external market in an engaging and attractive way.
- Work proactively with the People Director and wider business to influence, shape and deliver the People Strategy.
- Lead HR policy development, ensuring policies are strategically aligned, with the aim of addressing HES specific needs and improving overall colleague experience.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A strong technical HR and employee relations knowledge and be someone who models compassionate leadership.
- Experience of managing an internal payroll function, having a high attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills, with a proven track record of leading people.
- Worked in complex organisations with multi-disciplines and has experience of working with Trade Unions
- Genuinely passionate and motivated about improving the colleague experience, adopting a co-design approach to improving how we do things.
- Chartered CIPD membership
To apply, please send your CV to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For an initial confidential conversation please contact us on 0131 539 7087.