Home » Head of Sales and Retention Operations
- December 23, 2021
Do you want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe’s leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
To support our millions of customers, we will deliver a customer service experience that is the Best in the Country. As Head of Sales Operations for our key sales site in Osterley (Athena Court), you will be responsible for managing a workforce of c300 FTE dealing with existing customers, within the Loyalty Change Estate.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Loyalty Change, Sales Operations team. The purpose of Loyalty Change is to offer the best service in the country to Sky’s 12m UK customers and to help those customers get the best value from Sky’s products and services, when they are looking to review their household spend. Our strategy in Loyalty Change is to Retain, Sell and stabilise our customer base. Sales Operations offers service through people led channels – voice, email, live chat and social media.
In addition to providing the strategic leadership across the sales operation whilst building and leading a highly motivated team to deliver the operational performance required in the Sales Operations Plan, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and driving strong customer focussed performance
- Assimilating with and respecting the local culture, and developing a tailored management and coaching style to get the best from your teams
- Building a strengths-based operation and enhancing the customer experience through building people capability
- Ensuring that operational process is improved upon where it impacts the customer experience
- Sponsorship of pan Sales Operations Estate programmes working in collaboration with strategic partners, change functions and support teams
- Responsible for sharing, implementing and delivering best practice throughout the wider Sales Operation Estate
- Transforming performance though the development and evolution of the Loyalty Change strategy
- Design, develop and implement the sales strategy. Creating and implementing site-based performance strategies ensuring resource and budget forecasts are met
- Drive the performance of the site by inspiring and challenging people to deliver great customer experience
- Manage the day to day team operation and workflow that delivers our KPIs
- Delivering Sky in-house processes as the operating minimum across all lines of business
- Identify ways to improve our customer experience and improve processes across products
- Through your example demonstrate the Sky Values and Sky Leadership behaviours so that you influence the behaviour of others
- Experience in developing and successfully delivering a business strategy in the complex contact centre environment
- Proven ability to motivate, empower, coach and develop
- Experience in delivering change and improvement projects
- Understanding how to raise capability within a team and build a sustainable platform for continued improvement
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership in the development of people and process improvement
- Proven experience in leading sizeable teams operating extended days, 365 days a year in a contact centre environment
- Knowledge and understanding of contact centre KPI’s and cost models with demonstrable experience of managing towards
- Proven track record of setting ambitious targets and delivering to high performance
- Experience of leading teams through significant change programmes
- Experience of working in a complex/matrix organisation structure
- The ability to influence and improve across organisational boundaries
Contact Us / How to Apply
To request the full candidate brochure, apply or arrange an initial conversation to find out more, please email or send your CV and covering letter to Michael Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org