Home » Head of Sales
- December 01, 2022
At PODFather we are dedicated to developing and delivering software solutions that help companies simplify the complex problem of managing their commercial vehicle fleet. Our cloudbased planning system, and easy to use driver app, enables companies to automate the process of planning and executing vehicle movements. We empower companies to eradicate paper from their operations, control costs, cut fuel usage, reduce carbon footprint, and improve customer experience.
PODFather has been delivering software solutions to the logistics and construction industries for over 20 years. We are a privately owned business with an accessible target market and big growth plans. Our clients feature blue chip companies, SMEs, and everything else in between. In recent years the introduction of our core software product has enabled us to make significant inroads into several key market sectors – namely food & drink, building materials, construction supplies and wholesale.
Our solution is scalable, our customer base is steadily growing, and our customer churn is very low. In short, we have a good product that we know companies like to use. We have a clear development roadmap, an ambitious sales plan, and we are looking for a new head of sales to join us on what will be an exciting journey.
PODFather is at a critical point in its growth with ambitious plans to significantly increase revenue over the next 3 years. There is a requirement for a new Head of Sales to work closely with both Managing and Marketing Directors to develop and execute a clear, high growth, sales strategy. The primary focus is on building UK market share, with a view to developing a strategy that will enable the sales function to grow outside of our home market into Europe and North America, territories in which we have existing customers and opportunities due to our multi-national client base.
The new Head of Sales will be given immediate responsibility for a team of three business development managers. Already a skilled resource, we are looking for a department head to build on existing successes, accelerate growth and deliver results. Experience of building and developing high performing teams capable of adding demonstrable value is essential for this role.
Reporting to the Managing Director, responsibilities will include:
- Leading, developing, motivating, and growing the sales team who are located remotely across the UK.
- Developing key growth sales strategies and plans.
- To develop a good understanding of the products and services offered by working closely with key people across the company.
- Seeking out major clients and forming long-term working relationships.
- Working closely with the Marketing Director to ensure a co-ordinated sales and marketing strategy.
- Working with the software product and engineering teams to help identify market requirements and ensure products are aligned to the demands and changes of the markets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great business and make a big impact in a fun, fast-paced SAAS tech environment. Here at PODFather culture is very important, we get to know our team, motivating and supporting staff on their journey with us so we are looking for those attributes in our new Head of Sales. This role can be based at home or from our office in Edinburgh. Travel will be required regardless of base location for supporting business development activities and being available in the Edinburgh office for company meetings.
Key experience and attributes are as follows:
- A proven track record of achievement in software sales, preferably with SAAS products.
- An ability to understand and analyse sales performance metrics and suggest improvements.
- A high degree of commercial acumen. The ability to identify gaps in the market, developing strategies to fully utilise the capability of the team and capitalise on market opportunities.
- You will have experience of creating and operating partnership sales.
- Ability to work as part of a senior leadership team.
- A great team leader: good people and sound coaching and mentoring skills are essential for this role.
- Strong emotional intelligence and communication skills. A can-do attitude and good sense of humour are also essential.
An excellent remuneration package is available, including an EMI share option scheme.
To view the candidate brochure, please click here.
To apply, please send your CV to Adam Brown, Director, FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please contact him at our Edinburgh office on 0131 539 7087.