Home » Head of Strategic Planning and Technology Foresighting
- April 27, 2022
Founded in 1871, The Weir Group PLC is one of the world’s leading engineering businesses with a purpose to make its mining and infrastructure customers’ operations more sustainable and efficient. Weir’s highly engineered technology enables critical resources to be produced using less energy, water and waste while reducing customers’ total cost of ownership. The Group is ideally positioned to benefit from structural trends that support long-term demand for its technology including the need for more essential metals to support economic development and carbon transition. The Group has c.11,000 employees operating in over 60 countries with a presence in every major mining region of the world. Find out more at www.global.weir.
This is a truly exciting time to join Weir in this opportunity to act as a strategic technologist to lead Strategic Planning and Technology Foresighting globally.
Purpose of Role
The mining industry is potentially on the cusp of transformation, the like of which has not been seen in decades. Continued demand for commodities, global energy security and the critically of minerals to enable the carbon transition are all combining to create the potential for significant scale and pace of change and for technology to be a material disruptor for good. The Head of Strategic Planning and Technology Foresighting is a dual reporting role that will work with both internal and external stakeholders to contribute to the development of Weir Group’s business strategy and technology R&D strategy.
In this role you will be responsible for 3 main accountabilities in partnership with the Divisions:
Strategic Analysis & Challenge
Strategic Planning Process & Deployment
We’re seeking a talented influencer who has the ability to realise strategic planning and Technology Foresighting at a really exciting period in Weir’s growth. This role is critical to the future of the organisation and welcomes candidates with the following experience.
- Educated to at least degree level or equivalent in a technology based discipline plus business related post graduate or professional qualification.
- Relevant post degree experience (minimum of 10 years) ideally within a multi-national listed company or company-advisory organization and including mining industry or markets experience
- Strategic technologist with a commercial and customer application mindset
- Proven track record of delivering technology foresighting rigour that drives R&D focus value in business
- Highly credible individual who builds rapport quickly and uses a consultative approach to instill high level of trust and integrity and enable robust, constructive and strategic challenge
- Strong project management and complex problem disaggregation skills
- Proven knowledge and application of strategic planning tools and frameworks
- Excellent powerpoint preparation and presentation skills and the ability to effectively present complex information to senior stakeholders including Group Executive and Board of Directors.
Moderate UK and international travel may be required to engage with the businesses and attend knowledge building events and meetings
Flexible with the ability to connect with the Global Technology and Strategy Teams.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Jaclyn Needham of FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For a confidential conversation, please call 0131 539 7087.