Home » Head of Supply Chain
- March 18, 2023
International Beverage is the spirits arm of one of the world’s top 10 drinks producers, ThaiBev. Its UK head office sits alongside an extensive bottling and warehousing facility in Airdrie, plus it has five historic distilleries scattered across the north of Scotland – Pulteney, Speyburn, Balblair, Knockdhu and Balmenach.
The company is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of a multiaward-winning portfolio of premium brands in over 85 international markets, leading a network of offices across Hong Kong, India, Poland, Mexico and the USA. International Beverage’s spirits are amongst the finest available on the market today, and include single malt Scotch whiskies Old Pulteney, Balblair, anCnoc and Speyburn; the blended Scotch Hankey Bannister; and Caorunn, the pioneering super premium Scottish gin.
ThaiBev has identified the international spirits business as a key area for growth in the coming decade and is investing heavily to realise International Beverage’s full potential. In addition to investment in its operations and systems there is a significant investment being made in its people development and growth strategy and the business is currently going through a complete review of its organisation design a structure and the business plans to implement a number of changes in 2023 that will enable the organisation able to scale up rapidly and create an even stronger employer brand for the future.
As a result of this, four rewarding senior positions within the business have been identified including an exciting opportunity to lead their global supply chain and logistics operations as Head of Supply Chain and Logistics.
About the opportunity:
The Head of Supply Chain and Logistics will work closely with the Operations Director to develop and lead the Supply Chain strategy encompassing planning, procurement, distribution, customer relations and packaging. This role will lead the Environmental sustainability strategy for packaging and procurement in order to achieve long term sustainability targets.
- Develop and execute a supply chain strategy which is agile and effective and suitable for growth.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture across the Supply Chain that supports future growth aspirations.
- Work closely with Marketing and external bodies to develop long term Environmental sustainability strategy for Supply Chain.
- Maintain a knowledge of new technologies and trends in Supply Chain Operations and in conjunction with IT develop an agenda that drives efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure the smooth transition of products through the different product lifecycle stages: launch, optimisation, change-management, run in and run out.
- Co-ordinate the management and prioritisation of customer orders to optimize customer service, whilst ensuring proactive order book management and timely orders from customers to provide stability for bottling operations and supply partners
- Ensure Customer Service team maintains and manages customer service level agreements (SLAs), ensuring all orders are processed in line with SLAs and any deviations or customer complaints are evaluated and responded to
- Accountable for HM Revenue and Customs compliance
- Develop and maintain a robust demand plan incorporating sales forecasts data
- Ensure an effective and efficient master data changes process is in place to support production planning and procurement
- Implement MRP system in conjunction with IT.
- Own and drive Sales & Operational Planning monthly meeting incorporating supply chain KPI’s.
- Work closely with the commercial business ensuring a level of flexibility is provided by both supply chain and procurement processes enabling a customer focused offering
- Manage and develop relationships with key stakeholders both internally & externally to ensure an efficient supply chain and customer service excellence
- Negotiate pricing and commercial terms with suppliers of:
- Packaging materials and bottling services
- Warehousing, freight and distribution services
- Responsible for legal, legislative and internal compliance requirements across the Supply Chain function including relevant market mandatory information.
- Continual focus on the importance of talent development including the building of high performing teams and developing capabilities for future growth.
- Evidence of managing and developing global supply chain models encompassing strategic category management, sourcing and supplier management within the Branded sector
- Educated to degree level ideally with a business/supply chain or technical related qualification, or qualified by experience with the senior level experience and track record associated with a role of this nature
- Comprehensive professional understanding of supply chain and procurement principals, procedures and processes
- Knowledge and experience of integrated supply chain management (Plan, Buy, Make, Move) and lean/6 sigma continuous improvement techniques
- Experience in managing high impact, critical projects and programmes to improve performance and deliver service
- Knowledge of ERP systems and in particular SAP is required for this role, in particular modules relating to production planning and procurement.
How to apply / contact us:
To apply, please send your CV to Michael Dickson, Director at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.