Home » Head of Talent
- August 24, 2022
ABOUT WILLIAM GRANT & SONS
A HOME FOR RARE CHARACTERS
William Grant & Sons: a home where Rare Characters thrive.
We value every employee for their rare character, distinctive skills, experience and perspectives. Every one of our colleagues has a role to play in helping us to achieve our growth ambitions.
Head of Talent
In this role you will develop recruitment, progression and succession policies, principles, and processes, in accordance with the WGW, that attract, motivate, strengthen and retain the right talent to create competitive advantage for the Company. Oversee and support the deployment of standardised processes across the business, working closely with the HRDs and team leaders. Ensure rigorous performance management and proactive succession planning with specific focus on relevant key positions.
- Plan actively to meet the long-term people needs of the Company, with specific talent management focus on relevant key positions and functional requirements, requiring detailed, actionable and live succession plans across the Company, working with the CPO and the HRDs to achieve this objective
- Oversee and support recruitment across the Company to acquire and onboard the best possible talent through rigorous standard processes, ensuring competency-based interviews are the leading instrument for evaluations, guiding and supporting team leaders and HRDs across the business. Closely monitor the recruitment cost to ensure maximum value for money
- Establish and oversee an effective performance management system and lead the review of talent pools, working closely with respective team leaders and HRDs across the business
- Develop Company career paths as the basis for progression and succession processes that make the most of the available talent to the benefit of all parties
- Support the HRDs and their teams proactively on building the strength of respective people resources and accelerating the internal talent pipeline with respective team leaders through effective and efficient progression and succession processes that deliver well thought-out and realistic succession plans to inform decisions
- Ensure the effective use of the Company’s L&D resources is made to further the development of talent at both a general and an individual level, working closely with and supporting team leaders and HRDs across the business
- Develop recruitment, progression and succession policies and principles that aim to attract, motivate, strengthen and retain the right talent to create competitive advantage in line with the Company Objectives
- Develop standardised recruitment, and progression and succession processes, including tools and templates, that define the WGW and support the Company’s development and ongoing operations most effectively and efficiently. Ensure the deployment of these processes across the business
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Previous experience and proven track record in a strategic Global Talent Management role across broad functional areas.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic approaches, processes and systems for Talent Management (including Talent Acquisition) as part of a senior HR Leadership Team.
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification/experience in Human Resources or other relevant field.
- Coaching skills/qualifications and psychometric testing qualifications
- Experience within a FMCG or Manufacturing environment is desirable
- Ability to partner on business issues with clients, effective influencing and consulting skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits which are designed to promote our employees financial wellbeing. Employees are also eligible to participate in a bonus plan.
- Our employees enjoy a generous holiday entitlement and an opportunity to ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ some holiday entitlement.
- Private Healthcare and Doctor@Hand (remote GP service).
- Our employees can join a defined contribution pension plan. Employees contribute either 4% or 5% of salary, the company contributes 8% or 10% depending on the employee contribution. Employee contributions can be made through salary sacrifice.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme offers practical, impartial support on everyday matters ranging from medical, financial and legal to home and family issues.
- Our Life Assurance cover is a multiple of eight times your annual basic salary.
- Product allocation so that you can enjoy our fantastic portfolio of brands.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme allows you to hire a bike for an agreed length of time, and then snap it up for a fraction of its original value. All while making savings (at least 25%) and spreading the cost.
- Every employee has the opportunity to claim up to £1,000 per year for a charity or charities for which they have raised money, volunteered their time or personally donated.
- Learning resources to help you be your best self.
To apply, please send your CV to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.
- Cumbernauld / Richmond