Home » Head of Technical/Technical Director Designate
- July 22, 2014
Previously owned by Devro Plc, BioFilm was founded in 2003 as a specialist subsidiary focused on the development and manufacture of fast dissolving and absorbable films for use in food supplements and medical applications. An MBO was instigated in 2007, and the business is now focused on dental, healthcare and pharmaceutical opportunities for thin dissolving films.
BioFilm employs 42 people and is headquartered in Blantyre near Glasgow, where the company’s R&D, manufacturing and commercial operations are based.
BioFilm has established an excellent reputation for developing and manufacturing thin dissolvable films (TDF) which release active ingredients. A range of actives can be incorporated into the films and the products can be classified as nutritional supplements, cosmetic, dental, medical devices or pharmaceutical.
As the company continues to grow, it is looking to strengthen the Management Board with the appointment of a Head of Technical/Technical Director Designate. This person will be responsible for leading the Development Team in all aspects of Product Development, Process Improvement and Technical Assurance.
Ideally we are looking for candidates with strong technical credibility and knowledge of low molecular weight polymers. This person will be the technical lead in the business and will be responsible for defining and implementing business strategy and technology roadmaps. We are looking for a hands-on, flexible approach and a team player mentality.
Additional functions of the role include:
- Ensure smooth transition of development products to full scale production
- Manage development portfolio
- Participate in customer and 3rd party audits
- Liaise with customers on new projects and the development of existing products
- Ensure regulatory compliance across all markets
- Candidates should have the credibility and gravitas to make an immediate impact with customers, the board and the team. A degree in an appropriate science subject is essential.