Home » Head of Technology and Digital
- March 22, 2022
The Citizens Advice network in Scotland is the largest independent advice service in the country. Citizens Advice Scotland (CAS) is the charity within this network which acts as a national organisation supporting and representing the service as a whole and the interests of citizens. At the heart of the network there are 59 individual citizens advice bureau organisations across Scotland, all operating as independent charities in their own right.
One of CAS’s main roles is to provide support and expertise to the individual bureau in a range of areas such as advisor training, governance, campaigns, as well as providing services across Technology, Digital and HR.
With an experienced Senior Leadership Team in place, the opportunity has arisen to appoint an experienced Head of Technology and Digital, to be based in Edinburgh and report to the Deputy CEO and the Digital Committee of the Board.
Technology and Digital underpins all aspects of CAS Service Delivery and there has been significant investment in this area in recent years. The Head of Technology and Digital will be instrumental in driving the ambitious Digital Strategy of the organisation, helping to position CAS as a Digital Leader in the Third Sector in Scotland.
This is an extremely broad role, covering all aspects of infrastructure, hardware, software, digital services and cyber security across the network. Leading a team of twelve, the Head of Technology and Digital will be responsible for identifying and developing technology and digital solutions, product development and procurement in order to futureproof the organisation and advising trustees on strategy and governance matters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and direction on all Technology and Digital matters across the network, supporting the development of solutions and organisational effectiveness.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Technology Team to deliver exceptional performance and customer service to all stakeholders.
- Ensure robust governance of all Technology security, including cyber security accreditation status and implementation of appropriate systems, process and training.
- Support the Digital Committee to develop and implement a best-in-class digital strategy.
- Drive the successful delivery of Technology and Digital services to CAS as part of the Corporate Services Leadership team, enabling business continuity at all times.
- Ensure SLA’s with third party IT contractors and suppliers are delivered upon and provide best value for CAS.
Candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong track record in leading Technology teams and driving Digital Transformation, within small to medium sized but complex organisations. We welcome applications from all sectors. Candidates should be technically excellent, with very strong influencing, stakeholder management and communication skills.
This is a full-time role and CAS are willing to offer flexible working hours and a hybrid working model to suit.
We welcome your interest in this role and invite you to download a full candidate brochure here.
Please send CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential conversation, please call Graham on 07738 182813.
- Edinburgh / Glasgow