Home » Head of Technology & Digital
- November 08, 2022
GAP Hire Solutions is the UK’s leading independent equipment hire company, with 11 divisions operating from an extensive network of depots across the UK. Founded in 1969 by Gordon Anderson, GAP remains a family business with strong family values. It is owned and managed by the second generation of the Anderson family and now has four members of the third generation working in the Group.
GAP’s vision is to be the most innovative hire solutions provider, to lead the industry and have a real impact on key decisions that influence the hire sector. Substantial opportunity for growth and considerable investment in technology have created the need for an outstanding Head of Technology & Digital to join the GAP Senior Management Team, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer based in Glasgow. The Head of Technology will provide leadership and direction on all technology and digital matters across the business.
- Develop and implement appropriate technology solutions to optimise effectiveness across the business
- Support the Board in commercial decision making and the delivery of operational and strategic initiatives
- Establish the Technology & Digital function as an enabler of change, ensuring the availability, continuity and security of all IT services
- Set and agree IT budgets, successfully managing technology and digital service levels within these and ensure third party IT contracts provide best value for the business
- Develop and drive a culture of excellence within the function, with particular focus on being highly visible within the business and delivering excellent customer service to all stakeholders
- Lead by example and providing professional development to the Technology & Digital team
We are looking to appoint an extremely bright, technically strong and highly credible leader into this role. We are flexible on background, but the successful candidate must be able to quickly understand how both the sector and business operates. Candidates need not necessarily be operating at the level just now but must demonstrate the potential and ambition to step up into a leadership role within a complex and rapidly changing organisation.
GAP Group is very much a family business and the preferred candidate will be able to display inherent values and behaviours consistent with this environment.
Interested candidates should send their CV, with full remuneration details, to Graham Burns of FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation, please call 07738 182813.