Home » Health & Safety Manager
- September 15, 2014
Argent Energy operates in the international energy sector and is poised for significant growth in the UK as well as internationally. They are the UK’s leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer. The company is owned by John Swire & Sons (Green Investment) a major international group who have provided investment to facilitate growth which is likely to involve acquisitions as well as start-up projects which will require the construction of new facilities.
The Health & Safety Manager will have responsibility for:
- The development of a fully compliant H&S system across multiple sites
- Leading H&S improvement initiatives across the business
- Developing and delivering a continuous training plan for all staff
- Agreeing H&S goals with the Board and reporting to the Board on all aspects of this
- Driving cultural change in relation to H&S
They will also thrive in an environment which is changing rapidly and be able to manage successfully in these circumstances.
It is envisaged that the candidate will have a background and first degree in manufacturing or engineering and will have progressed into H&S and have experience of leading H&S across single site or ideally across multiple sites. We are looking for an advanced H&S qualification, ideally NEBOSH and individuals might be working towards their Chartered IOSH. They should be strong inter-personally, being able to quickly build and maintain strong positive working relationships.
The rewards will be excellent both in experience and financial terms.