Home » HR Advisor
- June 12, 2018
The North British Distillery Company was established in 1885 and is a producer of grain whisky spirit sold to global customers for blending purposes. Significant quantities of North British grain whisky are included in many well-known brands. The company is capable of producing more than 70 million litres of whisky per year and has a long standing reputation within the Scotch whisky industry for the quality, flexibility and innovation of its operations.
The HR Advisor will support the HRD in providing an excellent generalist HR service, supporting, coaching & advising line managers at the Muirhall Warehousing site, to deliver all aspects of their people agenda.
Purpose of the role:
Supporting the CLW Director & collaborating with the HR team to lead and deliver HR Strategy and Projects across North British to support all aspects of an employee’s relationship and engagement with the Company. Ensuring that HR Policies and Procedures and employment legislation are adhered to.
- Building strong working relationships with employees at all levels, offering advice and guidance on ER and HR policy queries, resolving these within the context of prescribed Company frameworks, policies and trade union agreements as required, whilst ensuring minimal employee relations issues.
- Supporting and coaching line managers in the investigation and handling of grievance & disciplinary matters.
- Assisting the HR Director with succession planning activities / talent project deliverables.
- Developing and assisting with the Company’s recruitment and selection procedure, providing guidance to hiring managers and coordinating the appointment of successful applicants.
- Assisting the HR Director in coordinating the Company performance evaluation process, supporting line managers to encourage and facilitate the achievement of performance focus review objectives.
- Assisting with the promotion and development of cultural change initiatives, engaging with and embodying Company Core Values and Behaviours.
- Coordination and development of suitable Company training, identifying training needs and setting development objectives.
- Implementing the Company’s Attendance Management policy, working with line managers and our occupational health partners to ensure maximum attendance across both sites.
- Overseeing the accurate and efficient processing of the payroll each month.
- Maintaining a keen awareness of any changes to Employment Law and their impact on Company policies, updating and communicating them within client departments and to the wider HR team where required.
- Support the HR Director and line managers in the execution of plans to increase employee engagement.
- Proactively support the development of line managers, including sourcing and also delivering training solutions for this group.
- Facilitate team events and meetings for clients as required.
- Leverage technology to collate, analyse and present data for HR metrics reporting and work with stakeholders to find solutions to any issues or trends identified.
- To be an active and energised member of the Muirhall Leadership Team, building strong relationships.
For further information and to apply please contact Alix Meekison at email@example.com
- West Calder