Home » HR Director
- February 22, 2023
Dartford – 2/3 days per week with occasional UK travel
The Sureserve Group employs over 2,300 people and delivers award-winning projects across the UK.
Across the UK, the communities in which they work face the same challenges and aspirations in combatting climate change, ensuring everything is done to improve energy efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions.
Working with partners, clients and their customers, they are improving our operations, and through their building safety and energy services their contribution to these communities will continue to drive progress towards a net-zero future.
They focus on quality of service and delivery, and on improving the lives of their clients and their customers by creating better environments in which to work, live and learn. Sureserve’s vision is to be a unique and outstanding social housing energy services group, where we lead in our market and innovate in our sector.
With a strategic plan to double the size of the business by 2025, we are seeking a commercial HR Director to work with the business leaders to achieve that goal.
Part of the Executive Management Team in the UK with a direct reporting line to the Chief Executive Officer, the role of HR Director will take full responsibility for the development and implementation of the People Strategy across all subsidiaries in the Group. You will lead a geographically spread team to deliver HR excellence across all group companies.
- Develop strong relationships within the business to ensure a cohesive, consistent and value-added HR service is achieved in line with business objectives.
- Provide a full generalist HR service taking ownership of operational and strategic activities associated with the employee life cycle, including but not limited to: Employee Relations; Employment Law; Recruitment; Learning and Development; HR Systems; Learning Management Systems and Reward.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders making key decisions on people related initiatives and activity.
- Deliver highly effective systems for recruitment; leadership and talent development; performance management and key tools of business performance improvement.
- Develop strategies to support the business through change management and integration initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Steering Group, ensure the Company Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy is continuously monitored, reviewed and updated to ensure quality of opportunity.
- Management of generalist HR services including key KPI reporting, performance management, training, annual pay reviews and bonus scheme.
The successful candidate
We welcome applications from individuals who have held a Senior HR role in a service focussed industry and led a team of HR professionals to deliver great people outcomes in line with the business strategy.
You will have:
- Political awareness (to enable you to balance the need to support the business needs with that of Sureserve Group PLC wider culture/ objectives)
- Extensive knowledge of employment law & best practice
- In depth knowledge of M&A activities eg, TUPE in and OUT
- Demonstrable experience of working as a HR Professional working at a strategic level, alongside Executive Management teams.
- Demonstrable experience of providing strategic and operational employment related advice
- Line management experience, preferably of a sizeable HR function
- Budget management experience
- Qualifications : Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
- CIPD qualified to at least Chartered level or equivalent experience
- Full Driving Licence
Dartford – 2/3 days per week
To apply, please send your CV to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.