Home » HR Manager
- January 26, 2023
Forth Ports was established in 1967 as a Port Authority and through continued investment and acquisitions we have grown to be the 3rd largest port operator group in the UK operating 8 ports.
The Port of Tilbury (London) is the largest of 8 ports owned by Forth Ports and has operated for over a 130 years and has a long relationship with the Tilbury town. As London’s major port it is the 3rd largest Port Group in the UK and has an annual throughput of 16 million tonnes per annum. This makes it the largest Port on the Thames. The various cargoes are spread across an estate in excess of 1,000 acres.
As the HR Manager, you will lead the HR department and be responsible for all general HR and Talent activity for the Port Operational Assets and support functions. Working as part of the Group HR function and reporting to the Group HR Manager you will drive and execute a robust People plan. You will partner with the Senior managers and effectively deliver the People plan and manage the full lifecycle for all employees.
You will identify and implement process improvements that will improve efficiency, stakeholder satisfaction and contribute to the wider leadership port strategy. You will use data insights and critical thinking to inform your own decision making to shape the way we work at the Port aligned to their values. This role will suit an individual who enjoys being hands but can also be solution focused and drive strategic objectives.
- Champion and lead the Companies vision and values
- Employee Relations: Responsible for all ER activity across the business, advising and guiding leadership team, managers and employees;
- Industrial Relations; Responsible for the review and management of the collective bargaining agreements. Build positive relations with both local and Regional trade union representatives.
- Maximise employee engagement and work closely with the L&D team to support people development and enable career development opportunities
- Talent: Responsible for developing and delivering the talent strategy, growth planning, budget, and supporting direct recruitment strategies;
- Manage the occupational health team including third party suppliers and drive well-being initiatives that are aligned to employee feedback
- Policies & Procedures: Responsible for writing, reviewing and implementing company policies and procedures as and when necessary;
- Business Partner/Stakeholder Management: Working alongside key stakeholders, including the senior management team, to deliver a high quality HR service;
- Benefits & Rewards: Ensuring employee benefits and rewards are relevant and competitive;
- Employment Law: Ensuring that employment law knowledge is current and reflected in policies and practices across the business.
The successful candidate
To be considered for this position you will possess:
- Previously held a HR Operations Management / People Management role
- CIPD qualified (level 5) or working towards / or equivalent work experience
- HR experience in industrial relations environments
- Excellent negotiation and influence skills
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Proficient in the use of HR systems and MS office applications
- Hold a full driving licence.
This role is a site based role at the Port of Tilbury London.
To apply, please send your CV to Jaclyn Needham, Director at FWB Park Brown at email@example.com. For an initial confidential conversation please contact 0131 539 7087.