Home » HR Manager
- June 12, 2018
The North British Distillery Company was established in 1885 and is a producer of grain whisky spirit sold to global customers for blending purposes. Significant quantities of North British grain whisky are included in many well-known brands. The company is capable of producing more than 70 million litres of whisky per year and has a long standing reputation within the Scotch whisky industry for the quality, flexibility and innovation of its operations.
The HR Manager will support the HR Director in providing an excellent generalist HR service, coaching & advising line managers to deliver all aspects of their people agenda.
Purpose of the role:
Supporting the Senior Leadership Team & collaborating with the HR team to lead and deliver HR Strategy and Projects across North British (NB), to support all aspects of employees’ relationships & engagement with NB. Ensuring procedures & employment legislation are adhered to. Driving continuous HR improvement through process enhancement, data & metrics analysis and measurement of performance.
- Building strong working relationships with employees at all levels, offering advice and guidance on ER and HR policy queries, resolving these within the context of prescribed Company frameworks, policies and trade union agreements as required, whilst ensuring minimal employee relations issues.
- Support and guide Leaders on Policy, Procedure and Employee Relations Legislation including advising on complex grievances and disciplinaries.
- Assisting the HR Director with succession planning activities / talent project deliverables.
- Lead on the Occupational Health Contract to support service delivery and performance management for Occupational Health Provision ensuring effective case referrals and health surveillance procedures are applied to support best practise case management and appropriate KPI delivery.
- Developing and assisting with the Company’s recruitment and selection procedure, providing guidance to hiring managers and coordinating the appointment of successful applicants.
- Facilitate/Lead the implementation the people development interventions at NB e.g. Business Legal Training, OWL, employee and leadership development. and work with leaders to identify development opportunities.
- Assisting the HR Director in coordinating the Company performance evaluation process, supporting line managers to encourage and facilitate the achievement of performance focus review objectives.
- Assisting with the promotion and development of cultural change initiatives, engaging with and embodying Company Core Values and Behaviours.
- Implementing the Company’s Attendance Management policy, working with line managers and our occupational health partners to ensure maximum attendance across both sites.
- Line Managing Payroll and overseeing the accurate and efficient processing of the payroll each month.
- Maintaining a keen awareness of any changes to Employment Law and their impact on Company policies, updating and communicating them within client departments and to the wider HR team where required.
- Support the HR Director and line managers in the execution of plans to increase employee engagement.
- Facilitate team events and meetings for clients as required.
- Leverage technology to collate, analyse and present data for HR metrics reporting and work with stakeholders to find solutions to any issues or trends identified.
- To be an active and energised member of the Edinburgh Leadership Team, building strong relationships.
For further information and to apply please contact Alix Meekison at firstname.lastname@example.org